Lotsa firsts, happening here, today...

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here I am, laid up after surgery... Spending this and the next week, staring at the reef in my bedroom.... Big BIG BIGGGG trouble!!!

This guy arrived the day after surgery to start taking care of my amphipod problem... I'm in LOVE!
Screenshot_20240516-111012.png
I notice a few days later that I'm QUICKLY seeing fewer and fewer of the amphipods, except the ones he could saddle and ride... I start haunting the forum for what to feed him next... Where I promptly trip down the rabbit hole of the weekend live sales, but that's a different post.

I stumble upon posts that describe how to make a BBS feeder and hatch them yourself. Here's this morning's FIRST hatch!!

40 years and COUNTLESS Bazooka wrappers later, I finally have sea monkeys!!!!

Well. The feeder didn't go so well the FIRST time... Meh, not worried, its new and fish are timid. But I have 6 million shrimplets waiting to be eaten!! I finally figure out to turkey baster them under the ledge where my friend hangs out. The hatchlings get stuck in the crannies of the rocks and ... POOF... the little man's FIRST shrimp dinner!

(Yeah yeah, I know I have dinos. That's tomorrow's problem to tackle.) I probably overdosed the heck out of the tank so let's hope that LPS and gorgonians like shrimplets, too!

HOORAYYYY! He's not gonna starve!!!!

Attachments

• VID_20240521_165137096.mp4
    54.3 MB
OP
OP
SueAbu

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brine shrimp are the easiest to make and super cheap. I don’t know why everyone doesn’t have more.
Me either! 1 teensy weensy tiny scoop and I'm looking out the window wondering if the rest will make good fertilizer for the flowers!! OR I'm gonna need more fish!!

Back