My Acro collection/ Lagoon

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sweet Reef Corals
I believe this one is from Jesse, and is sort of lurking, waiting to go nuts!
TSA Spyro The Dragon

20240513_145316.jpg
Perry I love the TSA Spyro. I have had so much encrusting before any new branches growing but after a year mine is finally taking off. Here is where mine is at (PC Rainbow on bottom right and Spyro to the left)

1716219958607.jpeg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry I love the TSA Spyro. I have had so much encrusting before any new branches growing but after a year mine is finally taking off. Here is where mine is at (PC Rainbow on bottom right and Spyro to the left)

1716219958607.jpeg

Hey Ed,
Thanks for posting, and thanks for the lovely pic, gives me an idea of what's coming, specifically because of the placement. I know where my PC Rainbow needs to be to show that green to mustard to red fade. Nicely done BTW. Mine is actually in similar zone, so should trend in this direction. I am definitely looking forward to seeing this one grow out. It, as well as many others woke up in the last couple months, things have been on a good trajectory. All the best my brother :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning fellow Acro Nerds!
For those of you who follow my content here, IG, or YouTube, I am currently into my 5th dose of @coral reeftank "Concoction". I plan to document on YouTube mainly, so if you want my personal take, head on over there :) Last summer, as Alan graduated from Princeton, we were going back and forth over some really cool concepts of Acropora feeding, bacteria, and its role on a closed environment. I am excited to see that Alan has went to production with an idea he had to combine many products, essentially a reef feed marinade. Not to be confused with an acropora feed, this one surely goes WAY deeper into the balancing of many reef related feeders. This concept aligns deeply with my personal philosophy of reef keeping and life in general.

Jason Hieger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim, this changes the game for power outages, I will buy another Delta 2 so the xtra battery can swap back and forth from my bedroom where I have portable AC unit, TV, computer, basically a comfort zone during outage. The Generator can run on constant for other home essentials, as well as charging batteries. Being able to relax during these hurricane outages is a good investment as I get older. My next energy backup will include install of a serviceable 200 gallon propane tank t9 allow multiple weeks of outages if necessary ;)
Some may read, some may not, either way, the few who get it, cool ;)
Backup plans. I have attached my recent Y-Tube short, to show my backup system.
Ecoflow Delta 2 with the backup battery. On a short test, with the 2 combined, I could run 2 Orphek OR3 Blues, 2 Jeboa SOW-20's, and EcoTech M1 @70%, the battery and back up, would last at least 12, maybe 14 hours. Now this doesn't seem like much, but it takes up to 500 inbound watts of solar. Also, Your generator can recharge the battery and backup in 2 hours. Now, that's at 1200 watts recharge, mine is changed to only charging at 500 inbound watts, as to keep the heat lower, which, that data is available through the blue tooth or wifi app. So, my generator would take around 6 hours, no worries at 500 watts, it runs constantly at 3500 watts, and is off propane.
Here's the mind blow, this runs on their "EPS" mode, which essentially making it a seamless UPS. So, those pumps and lights, are able to run when power goes down, without power loss. The wifi app, will give you data on your battery, watt input/output, as well as battery memory, and more. So, if you're at work, and there's a power loss, no worries ;)
To me, it seems that this should be considered before livestock, but it took me lots of stressful moments, to finally get peace of mind, lol. Thanks for reading :)

Hello Perry,

I love your setup and follow along. The corals you have are amazing! I love this idea and intend to get a similar one in the very near future. I have a question though; how does this setup interact with a GFCI outlet? My concern is if the GFCI trips for good reason the inverter switches on and continues to provide power.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Perry,

I love your setup and follow along. The corals you have are amazing! I love this idea and intend to get a similar one in the very near future. I have a question though; how does this setup interact with a GFCI outlet? My concern is if the GFCI trips for good reason the inverter switches on and continues to provide power.

Hi Jason,
Great question! Also thank you for checking out the journal and kind words :)
As far as GFCI, if it tripped from a power outage, then power restored, but still tripped on GFCI, you would continue to use battery supply, until manually resetting the GFCI switch. I don’t believe the battery could signal a reset. I am not 100, but I would imagine it is not different than pulling the plug, then no power until plugged back in, at least from an input standpoint.

Edit: Also if something triggered or popped GFCI, battery treats as a power outage and seamlessly transfer to battery. You can also add solar inputs, and it gas a generator that it interacts with too. Very cool

Back