My Green BTA Likes to Live Under my Arch

ClearwaterReeferNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon Everyone,

My Green BTA is living under my rock and I'm not sure how it is receiving any light unless it's just living off reflective light. I will post a pic below. I've had it now about 2 weeks and it moved there about 2 or 3 days after I got it. It hasn't moved. It's open and seems happy, but just odd that it's under a rock and not in the light.

Water Parameters:

DkH: 8.9
Salinity: 34 PPM
Nitrate: 5 PPM
Phos: .07

Tank is about 5 months old, all coral are growing and happy. I'm not worried about the BTA dying, just wish it would come out so I could see it better lol.

OP
OP
C

ClearwaterReeferNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1716306879360.png

Pic is kind of blurry, sorry about that. Difficult place to take a pic of the BTA.

OP
OP
C

ClearwaterReeferNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, the tank is 5 months since setup, but the LR was all established so the tank has been setup for 5 months, but the LR is years old.

Joseph_Joe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same for me, mine is living way shallower than yours, but below a flat rock. She is not directly exposed to the light, but she seems happy as she didn't move and it seem they get some reflected light as you said.
Reading some threads here, I learnt that : BTA not fully close + BTA not trying to relocate = Happy BTA.
So I stopped worrying about mine

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon Everyone,

My Green BTA is living under my rock and I'm not sure how it is receiving any light unless it's just living off reflective light. I will post a pic below. I've had it now about 2 weeks and it moved there about 2 or 3 days after I got it. It hasn't moved. It's open and seems happy, but just odd that it's under a rock and not in the light.

Water Parameters:

DkH: 8.9
Salinity: 34 PPM
Nitrate: 5 PPM
Phos: .07

Tank is about 5 months old, all coral are growing and happy. I'm not worried about the BTA dying, just wish it would come out so I could see it better lol.
My RBBTA did that a couple times in the first week or so after putting in tha tank, then it wandered out and about to find it's spot. It has been anchored in the same spot for a few months now. It just takes them a bit sometimes.

Back