New fish need help.

aqua-alien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, so I got myself a large 300L tank with live rock, I then put inside from my little 60L nano my nem and 3 clowns along with my cleaner shrimp, I then added 2 blue tangs and a beautiful little fire fin tang, all are living very well and happy although I feel I may need a bigger one due to the tangs my girl got a cute little pink and yellow fish as she called it when I got home, it’s a small royal dottyback but I have no idea if it will be okay with my other fish and what other fish I can now have in my tank, oh and she already put it in, yes I had a stern talking to her but what’s done is done, now what? Any advice and other suggestions on fish I could get in the future.

OP
OP
aqua-alien

aqua-alien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dottyback should be fine with your other fish. That tank is a little small for 3 tangs though. Do you plan on upgrading?
Yes I am I currently live in an apartment so can’t go to big just yet but I’m moving in a year to a house where I will be getting one double my current ones size. But I have also considered removing the blue tangs as they grow pretty big and I have spoke with my LFS and he said he would happily take them back if I feel I need to do so

Upvote 0
OP
OP
aqua-alien

aqua-alien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big are the blue tangs right now? I would definitely consider getting rid of one of the blue tangs
Roughly 6 cm they are pretty small still so I assume moving one won’t be an issue, sad though as they seem like the best of friends but I just can’t part with my little fire fin tang.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
aqua-alien

aqua-alien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you plan on upgrading to a tank of 180 gallons (720 liters) or more i wouldn’t keep both blue tangs
Okay, understandable, will be dropping one off at my LFS today, sad but a must, it’s still going to be a year until i upgrade so rather drop her off so she has a better life

Upvote 0

sharkman07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, understandable, will be dropping one off at my LFS today, sad but a must, it’s still going to be a year until i upgrade so rather drop her off so she has a better life
That’s a good idea, you should be good for
a year with the two tangs before upgrading.

Upvote 0
Back