Newby Reefer from Wollongong NSW, Australia

seanr53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have been dreaming of having a reef aquarium for about 25 years now. So many things seemed to get in the way, work, marriage, travel, family, etc. Now may kids are coming of age, I think the time is nigh to take the plunge.

I still have the Julian Sprung "reefing bibles" I purchased last century, and my wife just brought me a Red Sea Max nano XL for my birthday. So, my reefing journey, although at a modest scale, has finally begun.

I have learnt a great deal from these forums, and look forward to members wisdom on my journey.

After much thought, I have decided to pass on a mixed reef approach (which seems difficult to pull off in a small system), and will aim for SPS dominant (mostly plating, branching montis, and a few easy acros), with one maxima clam....

I'll post a link to my build for those interested to follow along.

thanks all...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

JustMarks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have been dreaming of having a reef aquarium for about 25 years now. So many things seemed to get in the way, work, marriage, travel, family, etc. Now may kids are coming of age, I think the time is nigh to take the plunge.

I still have the Julian Sprung "reefing bibles" I purchased last century, and my wife just brought me a Red Sea Max nano XL for my birthday. So, my reefing journey, although at a modest scale, has finally begun.

I have learnt a great deal from these forums, and look forward to members wisdom on my journey.

After much thought, I have decided to pass on a mixed reef approach (which seems difficult to pull off in a small system), and will aim for SPS dominant (mostly plating, branching montis, and a few easy acros), with one maxima clam....

I'll post a link to my build for those interested to follow along.

thanks all...
welcome aboard

Back