ocellaris just died and the other Is panting

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all my parameters are perfect, I just added new corals yesterday and some dry rock that I've had sitting around, just did a 30% water change(my tank is SMALL at 10 gallons) that made him pant less, should I put in an air stone? what is wrong?

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please provide history as outlined in the link below. (how long have you had the fish, when did symptoms first appear, what other fish in the tank, how old is the tank, any other deaths, etc). Also, photo of surviving fish will be helpful.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please provide history as outlined in the link below. (how long have you had the fish, when did symptoms first appear, what other fish in the tank, how old is the tank, any other deaths, etc). Also, photo of surviving fish will be helpful.
1 month, yesterday when I added corals(I think Idk)1 other ocelleris, 4 months, 2 black ocellarises cuz the other is orange and they both committed. and just imagine a small ocellaris resting at the bottom of a tank like how a goby would do panting heavily
im at school rn so...
but I did a water change and he is out and about
but air stone?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without white light pics of the fish and a short video it's hard to rule anything out. With a tank this size I'm guessing no quarantine was done?

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t say, I’ll let the experts give you advice. But for sure, it was not good for your fish health.
k
but r u saying that uk what wasn't good
or just saying that what the experts say will be that the "thing" was not good for fishies health?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the video. Need some close up shots to rule out disease. A 2.5g is much too small for a quarantine tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
all my parameters are perfect, I just added new corals yesterday and some dry rock that I've had sitting around, just did a 30% water change(my tank is SMALL at 10 gallons) that made him pant less, should I put in an air stone? what is wrong?
You say water perfect- what are your readings and how are you testing?
What is age of tank
As it happens often, any digns of fighting?
Loss of appetite?

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You say water perfect- what are your readings and how are you testing?
What is age of tank
As it happens often, any digns of fighting?
Loss of appetite?
so the fighting was for 1 hours, less than that when I got them a month ago, im testing with salifert but as I said, I can't test rn cuz im at school, its 4 months old, it happens often cuz of mixed colors and my lfs said no no no to that, and no, he happily ate last night

Back