Os this octospawn dead or recoverable?

LeleganceCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of the tissue has receded on this octospawn but there is still plenty there, about half. Easier to see when fully closed, it still somewhat opens, any dips or something i can do to recover it? I believe it was a bacterial infection no signs of brown jelly though. Thanks for recommendations, i would love to keep it!

IMG_2927.jpeg IMG_2918.jpeg

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of the tissue has receded on this octospawn but there is still plenty there, about half. Easier to see when fully closed, it still somewhat opens, any dips or something i can do to recover it? I believe it was a bacterial infection no signs of brown jelly though. Thanks for recommendations, i would love to keep it!

IMG_2927.jpeg IMG_2918.jpeg
what are your parameters? You could try the KFC dip or an oxolinic acid treatment.

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best oxolinic acid I've found is from cascade pond supply. There was a multiple year long research paper that was just released with the dosage. This is from that paper : 1/2 gram per 10 gallons. Dose one day with skimmer, UV, and carbon off. Turn those on for a day, then dose again, turning all of those off again. There should be three doses in total. LMK if that doesn't make sense and ill try to clarify.

OP
OP
LeleganceCoral

LeleganceCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best oxolinic acid I've found is from cascade pond supply. There was a multiple year long research paper that was just released with the dosage. This is from that paper : 1/2 gram per 10 gallons. Dose one day with skimmer, UV, and carbon off. Turn those on for a day, then dose again, turning all of those off again. There should be three doses in total. LMK if that doesn't make sense and ill try to clarify.
Have a 25 gallon aio, so steps would be:

1. Dose 2 1/4 grams into tank, with my carbon out

2. Next day carbon back in, and no dose

3. Next day carbon out and dose 2 1/4 gram again

4. Carbon back in, things should be happy

By UV do you mean the light i am using? If so turn it off on steps 1, 3 and 4? Thank you!

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 25 gallon aio, so steps would be:

1. Dose 2 1/4 grams into tank, with my carbon out

2. Next day carbon back in, and no dose

3. Next day carbon out and dose 2 1/4 gram again

4. Carbon back in, things should be happy

By UV do you mean the light i am using? If so turn it off on steps 1, 3 and 4? Thank you!
No it would be 1.25 grams since its 1/2 gram per 10 gallon. Also, its three doses total. By UV i mean a UV sterilizer, you would know if you had one on your tank since they have to be serviced. Also turn off your skimmer too.

So its:

Day 1 : Take carbon, UV sterilizer, Skimmer off tank. Mix 1.25 grams into some tank water in a cup and add it to a high flow area.
Day 2 : Carbon, UV, Skimmer back on.
Day 3 : Repeat day 1.
Day 4 : Repeat day 2.
Day 5: Repeat day 1.

OP
OP
LeleganceCoral

LeleganceCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it would be 1.25 grams since its 1/2 gram per 10 gallon. Also, its three doses total. By UV i mean a UV sterilizer, you would know if you had one on your tank since they have to be serviced. Also turn off your skimmer too.

So its:

Day 1 : Take carbon, UV sterilizer, Skimmer off tank. Mix 1.25 grams into some tank water in a cup and add it to a high flow area.
Day 2 : Carbon, UV, Skimmer back on.
Day 3 : Repeat day 1.
Day 4 : Repeat day 2.
Day 5: Repeat day 1.
Thank you!

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • NO

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back