• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

reefbeauties.com order review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

SWFT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can also vouch for them. First time buyer and very satisfied with the fish and customer service

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done business with Reef beauties numerous times with great success. I'm now looking for a new vendor because they had a policy change. You have to spend $100 minimum to place an order. It wasn't like that a few months ago. Include shipping. You have to spend at least $150 to get anything from them which sucks because I gave them so much business in the past.
I ordered with them and got a Tang with the cotton disease it went away tho they offered no compensation. Also got a feather duster that to this day has not came out they refunded me but would not send a new one. The refund is store credit only! They will not cover shipping! So the Tang died 20 days later honestly was perfectly healthy so I don't blame them besides sending me a diseased fish! But also forcing to spend another 100 to use my store credit! Then pay shipping if you find a vendor please tell me!

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered with them and got a Tang with the cotton disease it went away tho they offered no compensation. Also got a feather duster that to this day has not came out they refunded me but would not send a new one. The refund is store credit only! They will not cover shipping! So the Tang died 20 days later honestly was perfectly healthy so I don't blame them besides sending me a diseased fish! But also forcing to spend another 100 to use my store credit! Then pay shipping if you find a vendor please tell me!
this new policy change seems to be disliked by their entire community. i have not purchased a fish recently from them but if i was going to i would also be upset about that since i only purchase one or two fish at a time now and with their low prices its hard to hit $100 with two fish sometimes. in store credit for fish that pass away after the delivery window (normally anything that happens after 2-4 hours after delivery) is pretty standard. i have had terrible luck with saltwaterfish.com fish and had to refund almost all of them and i got in store credit with them aswell.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had great experience with them , they have the best price , long guarantee . great customer service . fish is looking healthy too. Ordered 4 times already from them, and will do it again

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had great experience with them , they have the best price , long guarantee . great customer service . fish is looking healthy too. Ordered 4 times already from them, and will do it again

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I too had a good experience with a recent Achilles Tang purchase. Customer service was responsive and nice to work with.

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went threw them again and they made up for it in my book all fish alive healthy and baby’s like I wanted great deal

Poriferabob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using them for years. Some of my best looking fish have come from them. HOWEVER, just like many others, (cough, cough Live Aquaria) Reef Beauties has been tightening policies and raising prices while allowing quality to diminish at the same time.
Used to get 100% healthy fish.
For the last year and around a half dozen orders, it’s been 50/50.
Added box fee, added “delay insurance”, majority of the website is labeled “expert” so their self proclaimed “best guarantee in the industry” is at best slightly better than most.
They’re a good company and I will continue to use them. It just worries me because it’s like Live Aquaria all over again.

fishRus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to make comment but Reef2Reef doesn’t allow negative posts so I’ll just say do your research before ordering from reefbeauties

fishRus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering if reefbeauties is trans shipping your orders?

BSej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my last two fish from here, both had ich and I don’t have a quarantine tank. Only choice was hypo in the DT so had to remove all corals. For whatever reason all the corals look like they’re going to die. Out $3,000. Hopefully the fish make it. Make sure you quarantine.

reef91320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need to quarantine the fishes.
My experience was I got flukes and possibly itch from their stock. They looked healthy but developed symptoms and escalated in display tank.
I would quarantine for 2 months and observe . The warranty is mostly marketing mimic in my opinion. I will try them again once my qt is operational. It would help if they allowed local pickup to reduce stress on the fish, these are living things we are dealing with .

Pricing is good but quality is hit or miss

saltytanked

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order! Hope the review are on point

IMG_6925.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order! Hope the review are on point

IMG_6925.jpeg
make sure you message him and tell them not to send that copper band to you if it hasnt eaten. they will actually accomodate that request with the understanding that it still might not eat for you even if it did for them. i had them take a chocolate tang off my order once because they were totally upfront and said the one they have to send isnt eating. im extremely curious to see how their copperbands are btw because i havent ever ordered one from them, please keep us updated.

saltytanked

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make sure you message him and tell them not to send that copper band to you if it hasnt eaten. they will actually accomodate that request with the understanding that it still might not eat for you even if it did for them. i had them take a chocolate tang off my order once because they were totally upfront and said the one they have to send isnt eating. im extremely curious to see how their copperbands are btw because i havent ever ordered one from them, please keep us updated.
I have!! Thanks for that.

saltytanked

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make my own food so so hopefully it’ll take to it. Shrimp, clams, squid and brine blended up . Makes my bursa trigger and pbt go crazy. That’s the key to induce a feeding frenzy with difficult fish such as the cbb.

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody got a copperband from them? I asked them if they came in eating. They said they can't guarantee it, but the customers who did order had good success rt
I believe @OrionN picked up a CCB from them a couple of years back. Not sure if he still has that one or not, but he has a couple in his tank now.

Ben Pedersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I‘ve had a bit of a contention with them about how they’ve labeled their fish. To me, Japanese Swallowtail is Genicanthus semifasciatus, which is what they’ve actually labeled on their site; these guys only come into the trade very sparingly, maybe 1-2x per year. They’re actually selling Genicanthus melanospilos, which is pictured on their site, which is a Swallowtail Angel which are readily available.

I asked that they change this years ago to correct the confusion…
It was corrected long ago :). I recently bought 3 when they were on sale.
They arrived healthy with no issues and are doing great. I have ordered many times and have never had an issue even with more sensitive fish. Great vender!

IMG_0820.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like to make comment but Reef2Reef doesn’t allow negative posts so I’ll just say do your research before ordering from reefbeauties

That’s 100% false. Take a look at all the negative feedback threads that have been started in this forum for various companies.

If you have negative feedback yourself you can create your own thread in this forum unless you’ve already created one.

Thank you.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back