OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Occasionally a hermit becomes a tasty snack, but that's all I've seen. Shrimp are a HARD no also as they will be a more expensive snack.

Yep, sand sleepers, the three wrasses I have in my 120g are all sand sleepers, including the red coris. I've gotten away from the fairies and flasher wrasses for the most part too neurotic for my taste.
Well I do have a skunk cleaner shrimp that I am rather fond of, so I guess it's a no for now. But man! I just love the look of the red coris, and I really want a sand sleeper. My little six line wrasse is very cool, but not a sand sleeper :smirking-face:

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Annually

20240521_110339.jpg

If your tank can get away with the basics as mine does give reeftopia a look. By far the healthiest as your buying directly from the diver not to mention at wholesale. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if John's not buying from them himself.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Annually

20240521_110339.jpg

If your tank can get away with the basics as mine does give reeftopia a look. By far the healthiest as your buying directly from the diver not to mention at wholesale. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if John's not buying from them himself.
I'll check them out, thanks for the recommendation. I'm 86'ed from reef cleaners after speaking out about multiple high doa numbers on delivery.

tigre44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty good luck with cuc. I have 2 dwarf blue leg hermits, one dwarf red leg hermit, tuxedo urchin, blk short spine urchin, 2 bumble bee snails, two fighting couch and three lg snails Mexican turbos I think ,most of these have been in my 55 gal for years. Also have bristle worms and mini serpent stars and astrea stars. Can’t keep emerald crabs more than a month or two. I think cuc balance is crucial.

AquAttila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I review my cuc at least weekly and only add to them if I feel a need. I found that to big a cuc often leads to premature death of the crew
I agree with you! I will never order these crazy cleanup crew packages again.. I think half were dead that I got last time. I usually keep an eye on my rocks and any algae growth, plus just visually seeing if I should replenish a bit and just get it when I go to my LFS.

Back