Steves Lights

Strathmore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time posting to this community. My girlfriend and I have a Biocube 32 and after a few months we decided to upgrade our lights to Steve’s LEDs. I am very happy with the new lighting, however I find that the fan is too noisy for it to be functional in our living room next to the TV. I am looking for suggestions on how to fix this or for a buyer if anyone is interested in purchasing a modified hood for this tank. Thanks!

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run them, and my tank is within 5 feet of my couch....their fan is in the cabinet, i cannot hear it. the biocube fans on the lid, are more noisy than the steves lights....IMO. been running these since the day I bought my cube. I can grow anything in mine

moretor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time posting to this community. My girlfriend and I have a Biocube 32 and after a few months we decided to upgrade our lights to Steve’s LEDs. I am very happy with the new lighting, however I find that the fan is too noisy for it to be functional in our living room next to the TV. I am looking for suggestions on how to fix this or for a buyer if anyone is interested in purchasing a modified hood for this tank. Thanks!
If i remember correctly steves lighting mods use something like a regular 80mm case fan.
It's just a couple of screws holding the top down, it may just be a wire brushing against the fan blade

Salteadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum. I have never heard of Steve’s lights. I’ll have to check that out
Hi, I am new to this forum and was reading about bio cube lighting. I am setting up a 32 gallon Biocube now and I sent my hood to prospectrum led in California and he upgraded my lights for me. They seem to be really good lights very quiet. Might want to check them out too. Good luck happy reefing. I figured out how to attach a picture so you can see the ramp and ramp down. I also purchased the controller.
IMG_5881.png
IMG_5881.png

Back