The CUC lovers thread!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20240518_165848.jpg

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 reef, a messy sand bed, algae coated rocks, a cleaner shrimp, and splotches of algae on the glass. I'm planning to get a linkia star and a short spined sea urchin. Open to any suggestions!
2-3 strawberry conches, 2 turbo snails, a handful of dwarf ceriths, and one massive GHA clean-up (drain tank down a ways, get in there and start pulling up all the GHA you can with paper towels so that it all comes out leaving very little on the rocks--follow that with a spritz of H2O2 on the surface, but not enough to saturate the rocks). Turbos and urchin will keep the lawn mowed from there. If you have a lot of rockwork, 3 turbos can do it. While it's still clean, get more corals and maybe macroalgae to start consuming your excess nutrients!

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-3 strawberry conches, 2 turbo snails, a handful of dwarf ceriths, and one massive GHA clean-up (drain tank down a ways, get in there and start pulling up all the GHA you can with paper towels so that it all comes out leaving very little on the rocks--follow that with a spritz of H2O2 on the surface, but not enough to saturate the rocks). Turbos and urchin will keep the lawn mowed from there. If you have a lot of rockwork, 3 turbos can do it. While it's still clean, get more corals and maybe macroalgae to start consuming your excess nutrients!
Do you recommend any websites in specific?

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you recommend any websites in specific?
for CUC? I buy from ReefCleaners. I've had generally positive experiences, and I like that John keeps a fish-free system for his inverts.

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for CUC? I buy from ReefCleaners. I've had generally positive experiences, and I like that John keeps a fish-free system for his inverts.
I was trying to buy from there but shipping is $45!!!

Back