Trumpet not doing so well

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since one of my Nero powerheads died, my Astraeosmilia hasn't been doing so well. Any advice on how to bring it back fo health?
20240521_074254.jpg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what else changed? It's hard to believe a trumpet would react like that from a short term lack of flow!

OP
OP
encrustingacro

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what else changed? It's hard to believe a trumpet would react like that from a short term lack of flow!
A couple days before the pump died, I moved it to a higher-flow area, although it was doing fine for the couple of days in between.
The lack of flow wasn't exactly short-term; it was for about 24 hours before I added in a weaker temporary replacement powerhead. Since then, I have moved my other working Nero 3 to where the dead one was, and moved the replacement powerhead to where the working Nero originally was.
Another possibility is that the lack of flow could have lead to one of my nearby Dipsastraeas to sting it, although I have not seen sweeper (or even feeder) tentacles from either of them, and the damage does not look like that of coral warfare.

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My go to has always been a lugols dip whether I feel it's a sting, bacterial, or even after cutting a thicker acro. It's hard to say but one thing iodine won't do is exacerbate the issue.

Back