Valentini puffer tank?

would you put corals with a valentini toby (or other small puffer (papuan toby)) puffer?

• Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yep, LPS

• Yep, SPS

• Total voters

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a valentini puffer in a mixed reef and Puff Daddy has been no trouble with the corals - having said that I don't keep sps! But has left the lps and softies alone.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a valentini puffer in a mixed reef and Puff Daddy has been no trouble with the corals - having said that I don't keep sps! But has left the lps and softies alone.

Who was first, corals or puff?

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hip Hop Dancing GIF

stovenut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the puffer more important than the LPS or SPS corals you may want to add in the future? If the puffer is your #1 priority than create a puffer focused tank with awesome soft corals. Lots of zoas, palys, mushrooms and ricordia, btas, star polyps and anthelia. That would be a pretty nice tank. But corals that generate mucus will eventually be tasted and get munched. Add a yellow boxfish and a couple small puffers. That would look really cool.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. I have no plans for sps at this time, but I'd hate to lose a hammer or torch to a curious puffer. If it's not much issue, though... I'll grow the tank slowly with a springer damsel, 6 line wrasse?, Puffer, and maybe one or 2 others. I've got a dottyback, tail spot bleny and 2 small clowns in a 15. Plan is when they grow too big for it to move them to the 40.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have a full size that is the families favorite fish

I have not seen him hit and corals and see no signs he is waiting till I'm not looking

all fish are different , but this one has been problem free - and that is funny about the cleaner wrasse

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have valentinis with corals. I am thinking of getting one!

Back