Vandy's Budget Nuvo 100 EXT Build Thread

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great. I can appreciate all the work you are doing. We have built our cabin and garage. Addition and my husband welds. Great job. What is the outside length of the tank? I thought read 48", but thought their site said less than that.

Shelley

OP
OP
vandy

vandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great. I can appreciate all the work you are doing. We have built our cabin and garage. Addition and my husband welds. Great job. What is the outside length of the tank? I thought read 48", but thought their site said less than that.

Shelley
You’re right! It’s a tad shorter than 48” at about 47 1/2”, leaving me a small overhang on both sides, which I will be using to overlap the boards I’m skinning with. Won’t be able to notice! I wanted it to sit flush but the sticker on the tank lied to me.. should have measured.

image.jpg

OP
OP
vandy

vandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the rock work is done, and it’s about time for me to start the PVC. Waiting on a few more Amazon shipments then it’ll be full steam ahead.
IMG_8275.jpeg

OP
OP
vandy

vandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also started on the reefpi controller. I plan on having 4 float switches controlling my skimmer, ato, and some other auxiliary containers, temperature controller, 1 ph and 1 salinity probe and a power strip controller.

Attachments

• IMG_8278.jpeg
    IMG_8278.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
vandy

vandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished the manifold giving me two auxiliary lines (thinking media reactors).

The T to the right will go to one return, and the left one will go through the UV sterilizer, then to the return. I don’t have any flow meters, so I will have to calculate the flow through the UV the old fashion way

Also added a ball valve at the end of the line. Right after, I added a threaded fitting that will allow me to connect 3/4” tubing to the jebao pump

IMG_8292.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also started on the reefpi controller. I plan on having 4 float switches controlling my skimmer, ato, and some other auxiliary containers, temperature controller, 1 ph and 1 salinity probe and a power strip controller.
Have fun with the Reefpi! I have been curious about doing one before but have never taken the plunge.

OP
OP
vandy

vandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More progress on the plumbing.. didn’t realize how painstaking this was (all my tanks in the past were soft tubing, or small 1/2” pvc with no manifolds etc).

One set back I had was I ordered a gate valve off of China that said it would fit 1” PVC.. well it turned out to be a metric fitting and was barely too small. So I had to bite the bullet and get the more expensive ones off BRS.

IMG_8298.jpeg

IMG_8299.jpeg

finished up the UV plumbing as well. After some failed gluings. Tough to see in the pic but there is an extra 90 where there shouldn’t have been.
IMG_8297.jpeg

Back