Vertex 150 impeller replacement

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a vertex 150 skimmer and broke the impeller this morning. I was able to temporarily glue it back together but I think it is a matter of time before it bites the dust. Anyone have recommendations for a replacement or another brand that would fit it?

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a vertex 150 skimmer and broke the impeller this morning. I was able to temporarily glue it back together but I think it is a matter of time before it bites the dust. Anyone have recommendations for a replacement or another brand that would fit it?
If it matters to you so much I'd just get another skimmer. Not sure if there is another brand not all that good with skimmers hopefully someone else has a better answer.

OP
OP
Jackcarp

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it matters to you so much I'd just get another skimmer. Not sure if there is another brand not all that good with skimmers hopefully someone else has a better answer.
I don’t really mind getting a new skimmer but I’d rather not be rushed into getting a new one right now considering the costs.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure this is an external pump, you could simply get a new pump if you cannot find the impeller, no reason to replace the skimmer body as well, they are quality pieces of design, the pump was way over throttled, too much air. I got the first gen model.

OP
OP
Jackcarp

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure this is an external pump, you could simply get a new pump if you cannot find the impeller, no reason to replace the skimmer body as well, they are quality pieces of design, the pump was way over throttled, too much air. I got the first gen
Yes. The pump sits outside the skimmer housing. Do you have any recommendations for a new pump that is roughly the same size?

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found two old impellers form my Omega 150 one broke about a month ago and the other one the plastic is cracked on the cover off the impeller.

Rene2br

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I spoke with a vertex rep years ago, they said the pump was from another manufacturer. I also have a vertex that has been running for 8 years flawlessly. It has such good build quality. I'd look on the pump and see if the builder. I'll look on mine today.

Ironwill723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you post a picture of the pump? It is either a Sicce or Laguna motor block I believe.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 170 73.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 11.3%
Back