OP
kodak

kodak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I based my filtration on the YouTube video: Coralife Biocube Basics, simple filter modifications. I use standard lights and grew all you see with stock lights but I did add a couple 21 LED USA blue strips for more blue when white lights are on full. Take a look at Steve’s LEDs they come in a Biocube hood and from what I understand can grow anything.
D75FEB04-FF68-4D64-9D5E-CB340B92DC6B.jpeg
Beautifu! I'll check out the video

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you need an ATO unless you are going away for a few days and need to fix a feeder. I bought the skimmer that fits and it was constantly working over time and ended up taking it back off a couple days later. the cup is just too small unless you modify it to drain into a bottle. I also picked up the UV but never hooked it up. you do need a small wave on it.

OP
OP
kodak

kodak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you need an ATO unless you are going away for a few days and need to fix a feeder. I bought the skimmer that fits and it was constantly working over time and ended up taking it back off a couple days later. the cup is just too small unless you modify it to drain into a bottle. I also picked up the UV but never hooked it up. you do need a small wave on it.
is there any other skimmer that youd use instead of the coralife one? My last tank had horrible algae blooms so i feel like i'd need one to help

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any other skimmer that youd use instead of the coralife one? My last tank had horrible algae blooms so i feel like i'd need one to help
I'm personally going for a refugium on the new setup. Will add a skimmer if needed.

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going with a HOB refugium or are you replacing one of the chambers?
New tank has a sump. I took a 20 gallon long and added baffles.
If i did one on the nano i would do a hang on back tho.

BPCGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two biocubes. The Intank media rack is an absolute must. I have a Tunze 9001 skimmer in one tank and 9004 in the other. Both require minor modifications to the rear chamber to fit. I run a Green Killing Machine 3W in Chamber 1. I have cheap ato on both but with the hood it takes a long time for anything to evaporate. ATO is essential though to maintain water level appropriate for the skimmer.

For lighting, one tank has the stock lights supplemented by 2x actinic light bars from 21ledusa. The other has the stock lights removed and has 2x AI Blades on tank rest.

Back