Why can't I keep LPS

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refractometer.
Make sure it's right? I only ask this because I literally just dealt with this. My calibration fluid was off so my refractometer was off. Bought a Tropic Marin Hydrometer and no looking back.

OP
OP
dakoop

dakoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The million dollar question is what fish are in the tank? Maybe a fish that was added developed a taste for acans & other LPS?
Have not witnessed anything. Cbb or coral beauty could be issues. Other fish 2 clowns, wrasse, Midas blenny, bengai and pajama cardinals, hawk fish, pink spotted sand sifter and lawn mower blenny.. I thin that's it. Couple urchins

OP
OP
dakoop

dakoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure it's right? I only ask this because I literally just dealt with this. My calibration fluid was off so my refractometer was off. Bought a Tropic Marin Hydrometer and no looking back.
Triton agrees with my refractometer.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240521_211351_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240521_211351_Chrome.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 4

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a copper banded butterfly that was reef safe for years then one day it started to eat all of my LPS, I lost quite a few lps before I figured it out. The only other thing that might be an issue in an older tank could be metal contamination from a bad magnet in a pump or other item. Did you do an ICP test?

Good luck,

Darren

OP
OP
dakoop

dakoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any acans in a while now and the porcupine was traded in. Icp test came back clean of metals

Back