Zoanthid Only Thermos Swap: Are you interested?

You interested in a Zoanthid thermos swap?

• YES

Votes: 162 59.6%
  • NO

Votes: 61 22.4%
  • MAYBE

Votes: 49 18.0%

• Total voters

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REVISITING MAY/JUNE 2024!

Lots of details to work out on this but I did want to gauge some interest on it. Here would be a few general rules just to get you thinking if you would want to join.

1. We would let you pair yourself up with the person of your choosing based on what zoas they had to trade.

2. We would all ship in a thermos like this maybe? Inside a shipping box of course.

3. We would ship USPS priority (free box) which would probably be 2 days for everyone in the lower 48. (fine for well packed zoas)

I have ordered the thermos I linked to and will have it tomorrow to review and to see how many frags we can fit.

I think after the thermos and shipping we should be able to keep it under $20 possibly.

Anyone interested? Also would love to hear your ideas.

712lpATnXaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I've shipped in a thermos. Works great

jilnifer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lots of details to work out on this but I did want to gauge some interest on it. Here would be a few general rules just to get you thinking if you would want to join.

1. We would let you pair yourself up with the person of your choosing based on what zoas they had to trade.

2. We would all ship in a thermos like this maybe? Inside a shipping box of course.

3. We would ship USPS priority (free box) which would probably be 2 days for everyone in the lower 48. (fine for well packed zoas)

I have ordered the thermos I linked to and will have it tomorrow to review and to see how many frags we can fit.

I think after the thermos and shipping we should be able to keep it under $20 possibly.

Love the idea but not into zoas. Can we do LPS?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Cofffeeeee!!!!!!!

Yes !

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I like this idea but not for Zoas, it would be cool to see how it works out and if there is the potential for other stuff. like even up to doing overnight shipping and acros. Just a thought, i don't do zoas any more.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, sounds interesting - not a bad way to practice fragging and shipping in a low-stakes kind of way.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome idea I would definitely be interested!
Same, but I don't have any zoa's to trade.

I do have some generic giant mushrooms and I can throw in Kenya tree and organpipe coral, Blue ridge 'coral' and probably some others, (monti cap), that are low dollar weeds but fantastic candidates for slow shipping and fun stuff for a new reefer. Just don't know who would want them, if anyone?

Come to think of it, I do have a large colony of brown zoas, happy to toss them in the mail for free. I don't collect them and only have a few hitchhikers.

Creativemarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Definitely up for this

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cofffeeeee!!!!!!!

Yes !
Two day shipping, but it should be fine in a Thermos!

Also, now that I think about it I could always find so zoas locally to throw in the mix. Secret Santa Swap in July, if we are swapping mystery zoas. And as cheap as I am, I would bother to pick something nice, not going to stick someone with my brown paly's just to participate.
:cool:

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds interesting, but I'm a bit of a mess when it comes to keeping timelines, since my tank is in my office and finding time for fragging is a challenge. I need to frag, though!!

Any chance a leather would survive 2-day shipping?

1716317800145.jpeg

Cruzinchino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Would we be required to post the zoas we have n then choose which we would want as trade?

Back