Some of my new latz clowns

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets not ask for prices from another company in this forum.

Please PM or email(preferd)for asking questions about prices from your LFS!

Thanks

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets not ask for prices from another company in this forum.

Please PM or email(preferd)for asking questions about prices from your LFS!

Thanks

Sorry, it was just curiosity. PA is a bit far for me to go pick them up anyway.

I'm just dumbfounded on how the pricing structure for these clowns work. Captive bred are half the money wild caught are. And the wild caught cost is 5 times the money you would pay if you were local to AU.

k3v

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,dont worry about it.

Its just there are guys here who pay to seel their stuff,and we need to support them.

By keeping that information off the boards we are able to better suport the vendors.

The prices confuse me beyond belife to.

Its crazy,I know!

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a pair of latz and mine are a little msbarred, but awesome. mine are very very skittish. thank god i got them in a 12g nano so they cant jump out. are anyone else's jumpy and very skittish and scared?
i moved them into the 12g nano with a gbta and they raced around the tank real fast and looking scared. then they jumped in the gbta after 30 seconds and so far the seem happy.

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are some more recent shots of my latz in the 12g nano. they each have there green bubble to house in. but the female is still a little mean and she dont let the male around for too long..

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well... That should bring down the cost ow W/C ones. But a pair is not much lower $$ then the pair on Divers Den.

I'm not sure how you could expect them to be lower than Diver's Den CB Latz... Copps said it best in that blog post:

"This excitement was short-lived when it was realized that on those captive bred Latz the famous wide center stripe, was misbarred… they were wide-band clownfish without the wide band! "

pac_island_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect TR latz are not around... until now! Of course you are going to pay a little more... like all TR fish, the price may eventually drop... but they are not an easy fish to breed and they are not being raised in any type of numbers. Karen did a great job.

Buckaroo Banzai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t get me wrong... My hat is off to her for the great work she has done. Interesting to see that it’s the Temp that looks to be making the difference between miss bars and full bars..

But the difference in price from the WCs on DD to her TR is very close...That’s all... I understand that she need to recoup her time but her luck with breading full bar ones should bring down the cost of WC to a more reasonable price.

I personally would like to see this fish kept in short supply. I don’t want to see it going the way of the new designer clowns that are out now.

Mark

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think her clowns should be more than wild caught. The overhead to breed these fish is over an above swinging a net and putting them in a bag. This is a situation where we make out!

I think the wild caught were so much money do to the fact that they were the only full barred latz available. You are right, I believe the price will fall as well.

Last edited:

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are the best parameters to keep them? i hear they are from colder water like 70 to 75f. so i am lowering my tamp of the tank to 74 to make them feel better. i have them in a bubble tip which is their natural host and they can take the colder waters.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the best is around 70 degrees.Its been awhile Since I had mine,need to proably recheck that though.

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Karen's in Hawaii are being grown out and held in 78-82 degree water. Another plus! (info taken from her website)

k3v

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 100 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back