Reef2Reef Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQ)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are some of the top most frequently asked questions and answers for using the forum at Reef2Reef:

1. How do I create an account on Reef2Reef?

Answer: To create an account on Reef2Reef, click on the "Sign Up" button on the homepage and follow the prompts to enter your information and create your account. You can also just click this link.

2. How do I post a new thread or reply to an existing thread?
Answer: To post a new thread, go to the section of the forum that corresponds to the topic of your thread, and click on the "Post New Thread" button. To reply to an existing thread, click on the "Reply" button located at the bottom of the thread. Click here for a pictorial on how to do this.

3. How do I upload pictures to my post?
Answer: To upload pictures to your post, click on the "Upload a File" button located below the text box when creating a new thread or reply. You can also drag and drop images directly into the text box as well as select multiple images at once. Click here for a pictorial on how to do this.

4. How do I get my first member badge, a build thread badge, under my profile name?
Answer: Click into your profile area here, add the URL (link) of your build thread in the R2R tank thread section and save it. Click here for a pictorial on how to do this.

5. How do I search for specific topics or threads on the forum?
Answer: To search for specific topics or threads on the forum, use the search bar located at the top of the forum page. You can enter keywords or search terms to find relevant threads. You can also click the advanced search button to compose a more detailed search. You can also just click here.

6. How do I send private messages to other members of the forum?
Answer: To send a private message, click on the member's username and select "Start Conversation". You can also click on the "Inbox" button to access your private messages.

7. How do I report a post or thread that violates the forum rules?
Answer: To report a post or thread, click on the "Report" button located at the bottom of the post or thread. You can also contact a moderator directly.

8. How do I subscribe to a thread to receive notifications when new posts are added?
Answer: To subscribe to a thread, click on the "Watch Thread" button located at the top of the thread. You can also adjust your notification settings in your account preferences.

9. How do I become a seller on the Reef2Reef marketplace?
Answer: To become a seller, you must meet the requirements outlined in the Marketplace Rules and Guidelines. Please see here for more info.

10. How do I create a signature for my posts?
Answer: To create a signature for your posts, go to your account settings and select "Signature". You can enter text, images, or links in your signature. You can access the signature area of your profile here.

11. How do I change my username on the forum?
Answer: To change your username, go into your profile area and request a username change by clicking the "change" button beside your current member name. Note that there may be restrictions on how often you can change your username. Click here for your profile.

12. How do I embed a video in my post?
Answer: To embed a video in your post, copy and paste the video link into the text box. The forum software will automatically embed the video.

13. How do I add an avatar?
Answer: To add your own custom avatar, go to your profile/account area and click on the image beside your member name. Upload your avatar and then click save. Click here for a pictorial on how to do this.

14. How do I view my post history?
Answer: To view your post history, click on your username and select "postings" to see your posts. You can also access the threads that you have created as well as threads with your posts by clicking here.

15. Does Reef2Reef have a section for written articles?
Yes and you can find various hobby articles as well as Reef Of The Month articles here. There is also an article link at the top of each page. If you would like to be an article contributor please message one of he moderators.

16. How do I upgrade my account and get a supporting member badge under my profile here at R2R?
There are a couple of different paid upgrade levels for members and you can find the information here.

If you have questions and answers that you think should be added please contact a moderator. Thank you.

msjanetsmith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! I have a new Waterbox 50 gallon freshwater tank. In what order should my filter media be placed in the filter chambers. I figured out where to place the filter socks, but unsure about where sponges, bioballs, activated charcoal and chemi-pure elite should go. Thank you.

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of the top most frequently asked questions and answers for using the forum at Reef2Reef:

1. How do I create an account on Reef2Reef?

Answer: To create an account on Reef2Reef, click on the "Sign Up" button on the homepage and follow the prompts to enter your information and create your account. You can also just click this link.

2. How do I post a new thread or reply to an existing thread?
Answer: To post a new thread, go to the section of the forum that corresponds to the topic of your thread, and click on the "Post New Thread" button. To reply to an existing thread, click on the "Reply" button located at the bottom of the thread. Click here for a pictorial on how to do this.

3. How do I upload pictures to my post?
Answer: To upload pictures to your post, click on the "Upload a File" button located below the text box when creating a new thread or reply. You can also drag and drop images directly into the text box as well as select multiple images at once. Click here for a pictorial on how to do this.

4. How do I get my first member badge, a build thread badge, under my profile name?
Answer: Click into your profile area here, add the URL (link) of your build thread in the R2R tank thread section and save it. Click here for a pictorial on how to do this.

5. How do I search for specific topics or threads on the forum?
Answer: To search for specific topics or threads on the forum, use the search bar located at the top of the forum page. You can enter keywords or search terms to find relevant threads. You can also click the advanced search button to compose a more detailed search. You can also just click here.

6. How do I send private messages to other members of the forum?
Answer: To send a private message, click on the member's username and select "Start Conversation". You can also click on the "Inbox" button to access your private messages.

7. How do I report a post or thread that violates the forum rules?
Answer: To report a post or thread, click on the "Report" button located at the bottom of the post or thread. You can also contact a moderator directly.

8. How do I subscribe to a thread to receive notifications when new posts are added?
Answer: To subscribe to a thread, click on the "Watch Thread" button located at the top of the thread. You can also adjust your notification settings in your account preferences.

9. How do I become a seller on the Reef2Reef marketplace?
Answer: To become a seller, you must meet the requirements outlined in the Marketplace Rules and Guidelines. Please see here for more info.

10. How do I create a signature for my posts?
Answer: To create a signature for your posts, go to your account settings and select "Signature". You can enter text, images, or links in your signature. You can access the signature area of your profile here.

11. How do I change my username on the forum?
Answer: To change your username, go into your profile area and request a username change by clicking the "change" button beside your current member name. Note that there may be restrictions on how often you can change your username. Click here for your profile.

12. How do I embed a video in my post?
Answer: To embed a video in your post, copy and paste the video link into the text box. The forum software will automatically embed the video.

13. How do I add an avatar?
Answer: To add your own custom avatar, go to your profile/account area and click on the image beside your member name. Upload your avatar and then click save. Click here for a pictorial on how to do this.

14. How do I view my post history?
Answer: To view your post history, click on your username and select "postings" to see your posts. You can also access the threads that you have created as well as threads with your posts by clicking here.

15. Does Reef2Reef have a section for written articles?
Yes and you can find various hobby articles as well as Reef Of The Month articles here. There is also an article link at the top of each page. If you would like to be an article contributor please message one of he moderators.

16. How do I upgrade my account and get a supporting member badge under my profile here at R2R?
There are a couple of different paid upgrade levels for members and you can find the information here.

If you have questions and answers that you think should be added please contact a moderator. Thank you.
How do I delete a thread?

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back