Tired of going topless

Bowin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys. I'm tired of my choice in fish being limited because of worrying what might end up on my hardwood floor. I've got glass covers but don't wanna lose any lighting and don't need anything else to clean. I have had one firefish dried up after trying to make it back to the sea. That event was enough to make me timid about adding certain historical jumpers such as an extremely desired wrasse. I am pushing it right now with my two baby Platinum Clowns who like to sleep near the rear top of my dt. Does anyone have ideas on a way to make a screen for my wavefront? I want to do this before they make a leap for it and so I can begin to add some of the fish I have been avoiding.

Attachments

• 1403902449195.jpg
    1403902449195.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 328

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build a screen. Someone on here is selling 1/4" mesh for them. You can get the frame at any hardware store (window screen frame). I built one for my 40 for under $20

OP
OP
Bowin

Bowin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build a screen. Someone on here is selling 1/4" mesh for them. You can get the frame at any hardware store (window screen frame). I built one for my 40 for under $20

Thanks, but I've looked into that and the frame will not curve to fit my wave in the front. It would work if the tank were square or rectangle. So far the only idea I have is to leave part of the front open but I'm looking for a better idea on how to fit the curves in the front.

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friend of ours has a wave front tank also
and he made a screen cover with a aluminum rod he form to shape in front, then the regular screen frame rails for the sides and back.

His wife sewed the loop in screen mesh for the rod to go thru like curtain rods do, with clear fishing line. Came out really good.

Hope that helps.

Wbrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched/read a thread somewhere. The guy was making a screen cover for his bow front. He bought the aluminum diy window screen framing, and made a pattern on wood and bend the aluminum while heating it with a heating gun. Came out beautiful...

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Reef Supply sells the clear mesh and Home Depot has the framing Cheaper then BRS

OP
OP
Bowin

Bowin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friend of ours has a wave front tank also
and he made a screen cover with a aluminum rod he form to shape in front, then the regular screen frame rails for the sides and back.

His wife sewed the loop in screen mesh for the rod to go thru like curtain rods do, with clear fishing line. Came out really good.

Hope that helps.

I like this idea. Think I'll try this one. Thanks. Now I gotta see if my wife is willing to revisit her crafty sewing days...lol

OP
OP
Bowin

Bowin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched/read a thread somewhere. The guy was making a screen cover for his bow front. He bought the aluminum diy window screen framing, and made a pattern on wood and bend the aluminum while heating it with a heating gun. Came out beautiful...

A guy here locally tried that and had a hard time with the frame. He actually broke it. I bet it could be done but not sure I could make it look right. Thank you for the suggestion though.

OP
OP
Bowin

Bowin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Reef Supply sells the clear mesh and Home Depot has the framing Cheaper then BRS

I have a enough of their screen for one side and need some more. BRS is having a big sale next week and I planned on ordering some. Thanks!

Nemesis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a Bowfront tank I was able to bend the frame by cuting about 1/4 of the way into the frame with a hacksaw every half inch or so. Then it will bend. You still have to be careful though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back