Supplementing my Ecotech Radions with T5s

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off Let me introduce myself. Hello, my name is Danny.

I have been wanting to supplement my radions for a long time now. The radions were doing a great job coloring things up but i wanted that "WOW" color :a02:! I decided that now is the time to get this done! Here is my sup build. ENJOY, and let me know what you think...

BEFORE.

THE ONLY TOOLS I USED. (EASY BUILD FOR THOSE WHO WANT SOME BRACKETS)

T5 RETRO

BRACKET HUNG. I CAN DRILL HOLES AND ADD MORE T5s IF NEEDED.

FINSHED PRODUCT! BESIDE LOOKS, I AM PLEASE WITH THE OUTCOME... I WILL HAVE A CANOPY BUILT AFTER I MOVE. JUST NEED TO CLEAN UP THE WIRES.

AND I JUST PICKED UP THIS POTTERS THAT EATS PELLETS ONLY TO FIND OUT HE NIPS AT MY SPS!!!!!!! NOW I HAVE TO CATCH HIM AND PUT HIM IN MY SOFTIES TANK!

IF ANYONE WANTS SOME BRACKETS I CAN MAKE THEM VERY FAST AND CHEAP. I WILL BE PAINTING THEM BLACK SOON ALSO... THANKS FOR LOOKING! HAPPY REEFING!

Wiinberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great :rockon: Great work.. T5 supplementation is really getting off now.. I'm also in the process of adding T5's to my Razor 160.

Wiinberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! How many t5s?

4x24w, 2 on each side. But it's also going over a cube tank. Got the first side ready for paint today. Hope it's okay i'm posting a picture..

mrY47G.jpg

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're does the ballast go on those. I just added 2 bulbs to my 75 I need to add 2 more to the back. It's big dollars but triton makes a awesome light that has ati guts for the t5 then leaves room for your led lights. It seems to only work with brick type led. They are over 500 bucks but they are pretty

OP
OP
K

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're does the ballast go on those. I just added 2 bulbs to my 75 I need to add 2 more to the back. It's big dollars but triton makes a awesome light that has ati guts for the t5 then leaves room for your led lights. It seems to only work with brick type led. They are over 500 bucks but they are pretty

These were 50 bux and the ballast is clean, little and can be mounted anywhere. I just have it behind my tank for now. I am moving in a month so i plan on skinning my stand and making an electronics box for all my controllers and such...

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas for all, was looking to open a thread with this proyect or "desire ", i will have my custom tank delivered 36L x 24D x 20H, already have pretty much everything ready including a bnib Radion G3 Pro but was thinking in add two bulbs T5HO on the back then my Radion(horizontal placed) and two T5's at front (rear two Blue+ and Coral + and two front ones Blue + all from ATI). Hamilton Aruba have a fixture low profile with two T5's that was thinking in use.
Please wants to hear ur comments and tips for the supplement in my lights. The tank will SPS dominated. Thanks and if i need the brackets u are doing how much will be those, or if you build the whole "canopy kind" for the lights I'll buy it from you. Unfortunately im handicap so the DiY projects are way too complicated in my situation, thanks and happy reefing.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see I'm not the only one thats added T5 to Radions...lol
IMG_1881.jpg

OP
OP
K

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas for all, was looking to open a thread with this proyect or "desire ", i will have my custom tank delivered 36L x 24D x 20H, already have pretty much everything ready including a bnib Radion G3 Pro but was thinking in add two bulbs T5HO on the back then my Radion(horizontal placed) and two T5's at front (rear two Blue+ and Coral + and two front ones Blue + all from ATI). Hamilton Aruba have a fixture low profile with two T5's that was thinking in use.
Please wants to hear ur comments and tips for the supplement in my lights. The tank will SPS dominated. Thanks and if i need the brackets u are doing how much will be those, or if you build the whole "canopy kind" for the lights I'll buy it from you. Unfortunately im handicap so the DiY projects are way too complicated in my situation, thanks and happy reefing.

I dont have the time to make you a canopy sorry! I can make some of these brackets for you if needed. They should be free if i can use the metal i have unless i need to buy more.

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, thanks and let me know how much it will be, but c'mon u spent $$$ on ur materials, if i can help please let me know.

OP
OP
K

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI guys i have been getting alot of pms about making things such as canopys and full light mounts, which i dont have the time or tools for. I can make these little brackets in about 10 mins and would be happy to do it if someone needs me to. thanks!

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Keepswimming

What program are you running on your radions, and how long are you running your T5s each day.

I too have 2x Radion Gen 2s and a 2x t5 fixture build into my canopy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back