Anyone ever make a DIY led system that can be controlled by Apex?

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys just sitting around looking at different led fixtures and thinking about current threads I have read of users swearing that diy led builds are the way to go. I'm sure cost wise diy is better and you are able to build it to your color preferrence which is nice but what about programmability?

Are these diy builds able to be controlled?

As the title states, "Anyone ever make a DIY led system that can be cotrolled by an APEX?"

I like the features of the Ai sol, as they can be programmed/controlled to have a more natural sunrise/sunset and can be dimmed to have moonlights.

Can this be done with a diy?

Any information on the matter would be appreciated,

Thanks.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I control mine with an Apex with dimming sunrise and sunsets based on the seasons. All you need is to use a driver that is dimmable using a 0-10V signal, like the Meanwell ELN series.

CJ

OP
OP
Steelerfan747

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I control mine with an Apex with dimming sunrise and sunsets based on the seasons. All you need is to use a driver that is dimmable using a 0-10V signal, like the Meanwell ELN series.

CJ

thanks is it something that can be manually program or does it have to be done using a computer

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if basic dimming can be done on the unit itself or not, I've always done it on the computer. If you want to do it based on the seasons, you definitely need to do it on the computer.

CJ

robf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish apex had multi pump doser w interface like profolux. Allow interface in ml rather than seconds.

fragmatic

retired reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF - the Apex puts out a 0-10 VDC analog signal to control an LED dimmer then it can be used to control Mean Well LED drivers like used by RapidLED kits.

robf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A multi pump doser like the one avail on ProfiLux would be more interesting in my opinion. However doing so would require a major rethink of Apex logic.

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you have to make sure the driver supports analog dimming such as 0-10V. I just finished up my frag tank build that uses 4 Meanwell 60-48D drivers. I then procured 2 Feamle cat 5 jacks on ebay and connect that to the VDM. On the 4 channels I have Blue, Royal Blue, CW, 4K, Green, Cyan. I put red and UV on 700MA constant current that is not dimmable. Good luck.

robf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read my last post and realized it sounded snarky. Sorry if the comment came off wrong. I didn't feel like that at the time....I just suck at typing. Thanks for sharing!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back