Jebao Twin Controller

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing some digging, looking into a Jebao WP25 for my reef, and today I find this The Jebao twins controller. Package unit 2 WP25s new power supply, and controller for $130, shipping of $38. $168 gets 2 jebaos that can now be sync, async, and expanded flow modes, and the night sensor is built into the controller. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this. Anyone else got this setup or had a chance to play with it? $160 is chump change for most people, but I am on a budget, and after buying an Apex controller, need to make sure it wont be a waste.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could buy me one and I could test it out for you ;)

I do know we have a couple members at RRVR who have replaced their Tunze and Vortecs with WP25s and they love them.

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds awesome, and solves an issue Jebao users have with more than 1 power head in the tank. Recently there was a thread where people were discussing the best way to setup 2 Jeabo pumps. The best thing I saw was one in W1 making waves, and the other in else, but it caused issues kicking up the sand, so the 2nd was put on low power in W1 as well. Less than ideal, but 1 controller for two pumps should really help put with that issue.

What size tank are you looking at setting this up in?

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only other thought is that you may want to spend some time with the APEX to see if you can manage them just as well with it as the dual controller.
$130, isn't a bad deal for two WP25s, so you may want to go that direction anyway.

I have 1 wp25 in a 39 bow and I have to keep it turned all the way down, I am sure 2 wp25s are going to have all the power you will ever need.

jeffthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it! I have 1 WP40 in my 100g 48x24x20 and love it, but it is big... 2 WP25 on one controller would be ideal and I may sell my WP40 for this setup. Even if you did not like it, you could always sell it. Don't see any downside...

OP
OP
Railcar79

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To do it via apex would need a vdm module, 2 cables, and a clue how to program. That would be around $150 on top of 2 pumps.

chefb_5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is it even worth getting rid of Your Tunzes for these? I have a 90 gallon and I have the Tunze 6125 and the 6045 total of 4285 GPH It's going to be a SPS dominate.

OP
OP
Railcar79

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not getting full apex. I just can not see how it would be worth the extra cost. $499 full apex $369 for the lite, so I am paying $130 for dimming for 4 channels that I will probably never use. If I ever go LED, it will be wireless ($124 module $6 cheaper than wired, and no wiring mess)

Reefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the controller work with wp40 or is there another twin controller for this?

general0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold one of my Jebao WP40's and installed a second vortech MP40 and regret that I did! I just went back to the Jebao and it's better than the Vortech MP40 I had in that spot and is better than the other MP40 I have on the other side of the tank personally!

I'm going to ordering a second Jebao and the new controller with dual power supply this week. If no one has posted a video review of it by the time I get mine I'll post up one and do a comparison between the two sets for you guys/gals.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that you can aim the Jebao pumps out weighs the not having the motor in the tank advantage the MP pumps have, IMHO. And of course, the cost difference is just way to big to ignore.

I run 2 WP25's in my 180g DT and I have them on good timers. I run them to duplicate tides. Pump A for 4 hours, both pumps for 2 hours, pump B for 4 hours, both pumps for 2 hours, then repete the entire process. It makes for great random flow and 4 tides, similsr to Mother Nature.

OP
OP
Railcar79

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up fish street. They have controllers and more importantly power supplies for sale seperately they have warnings in red bold letters using twin, you have to use a bigger power supply

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back