coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aquaillumination and ecotech...merger?

anyone else hear about this?

ETAI_985x220_zpsbdb16a50.jpg

Press release here: http://ecotechmarine.com/news/ecotech-marine-aqua-illumination-ai-announce-merger/

Today is an exciting day for EcoTech Marine, as we announce our merger with AquaIllumination (C2 Development, Inc.) Even more meaningful is what this news means for you, our customers, the most important part of our business. Our partnership with AquaIllumination will provide endless opportunities for development and innovation beyond what we already provide, while staying true to you, our partners from the beginning.

Since our start more than a decade ago, we’ve valued our customers’ support above all else. We intend to remain true to that ideal, as does AquaIllumination. Each brand will remain a separate entity and continue to manufacture distinct product lines, but the shared ownership will allow each of us to improve and grow.

We share many core values with AquaIllumination, including a customer-focused business model, highly advanced technology and a commitment to American manufacturing. Because of our similar interests, this partnership will create economies of scale in production and greater efficiencies in all business areas. These advancements are intended to serve you, as our combined software and engineering teams will be able to develop more innovative products to fill and exceed every one of your needs. Customers will be the most significant beneficiaries of this merger, as you will receive even better, ever-improving products from the same brands you know and trust.

We’re thrilled to be partnering with AquaIllumination and we look forward to leveraging this new connection while we remain devoted to you, our loyal customers.

From the founders of EcoTech Marine
Tim Marks, Patrick Clasen, Justin Lawyer

Last edited by a moderator:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Devonjevon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EcoTech Marine, AquaIllumination Join Forces

I just got An email about the merger of 2 LED powerhouses. Ecotech and AI. Wow can't wait to see what comes out of that merger.

Don't miss any EcoTech News!
Add [email protected] to your address book.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

EcoTech Marine, AquaIllumination Join Forces

Today is an exciting day for EcoTech Marine, as we announce our merger with AquaIllumination (C2 Development, Inc.) Even more meaningful is what this news means for you, our customers, the most important part of our business. Our partnership with AquaIllumination will provide endless opportunities for development and innovation beyond what we already provide, while staying true to you, our partners from the beginning.

Since our start more than a decade ago, we’ve valued our customers’ support above all else. We intend to remain true to that ideal, as does AquaIllumination. Each brand will remain a separate entity and continue to manufacture distinct product lines, but the shared ownership will allow each of us to improve and grow.

We share many core values with AquaIllumination, including a customer-focused business model, highly advanced technology and a commitment to American manufacturing. Because of our similar interests, this partnership will create economies of scale in production and greater efficiencies in all business areas. These advancements are intended to serve you, as our combined software and engineering teams will be able to develop more innovative products to fill and exceed every one of your needs. Customers will be the most significant beneficiaries of this merger, as you will receive even better, ever-improving products from the same brands you know and trust.

We’re thrilled to be partnering with AquaIllumination and we look forward to leveraging this new connection while we remain devoted to you, our loyal customers.

From the founders of EcoTech Marine
Tim Marks, Patrick Clasen and Justin Lawyer

Follow on Twitter | Friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright © 2014 EcoTech Marine, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you subscribed on our website or opted in when you registered your product.
Our mailing address is:
EcoTech Marine
999 Postal Rd
Suite 100Allentown, PA 18109

Add us to your address book
unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like nothing really changes aside from their engineering teams working together, all products remain totally independent. This should help lower costs and allow more innovation. I don't see how they keep a competitive edge if the same team is designing the products.

Devonjevon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was gonna buy the pro for a new build I was doing with new house. I guess I'll wait and see what comes out next

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With them just releasing the gen 3s and them still being seperate entities I dont see anything new , new coming out for awhile

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know. AI was the only real competition for Ecotech in the LED world. Realistically, I can see it making the AI lights more expensive, to keep price up on Radions, or possibly losing features, to elevate the ecotech brand above AI.

Martyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or Reeflink becoming a full blown controller. They didn't put all of the R&D costs and time to develop it, just for it to control their lights and power heads.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It would be cool to have some more competition in the controller department. :)

Devonjevon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During mergers it always starts out as 2 independent companies that transition ( because change is a bad word) into one in 12-15 months. This will probably be no different. Just wondering who will still retain their identity and name. I would like to see the details of the merger.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each, on their own, has already been a leader in their industry. Now, they'll defintely be an industry powerhouse to be reckoned with!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 175 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back