Anybody using Reeflink?

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have on MP40, am about to place an order for a second, and having been thinking about getting Radions, and I want to get a controller, so I was a little bit confused about what the point of a Reeflink is, because everything should be able to be controlled by that. So I wanted to see if anybody was running it, and how it was doing, or why people are buying them if they have a controller.

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a controller like APEX it doen't make a TON of sense. I have a reeflink for my 2 tanks of radions, 4 mp40s, and an mp10w because the $100 would do almost everything i want vs spending 600 on a full apex get up. My dosing pump controls itself, and the only other thing i want to have a safety on is a heat sensor. I like the ability to switch my pumps around on a schedule at any given time. Even if you have an apex, the reeflink is not more expensive then the radio accessory so you are not really out anything.

SCMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Especially now, you can get a pretty good deal on the Reeflink. I just got mine but already love it. Does everything I need it to do to control powerheads and lights. Even from my phone at work mind you. And like said above, my dosing pump controls itself, I don't need my ATO on a controller, and everything else can hook to the reeflink. I have no real need for probes or anything as I have hand held meters that are easy enough to just stick in the tank if I need to.

babyjess210

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the reeflink and love it. At first it kept on disconnecting from wifi but I put the reeflink near the router and just run a straight cable to it now. Ecotech just came out with a patch to correct this issue anyways. Top notch company IMO.

babyjess210

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's suppose to push when you select firmware update in reeflink setup and use latest firmware according to Ecotech support. The tech support called me back after I moved my reeflink next to the router so I didn't bother with he upgrade. Works way better without wifi

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back