ORP Probe shipped dry

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, So i bought a Pinpoint ORP probe (for my Apex) from a vendor on Amazon last week. When I received it, the little liquid container on the end was bone dry. Is this normal?

I emailed the vendor and after a few days they came back saying they spoke to Pinpoint and apparently "He said that he keeps them "dry" to prolong the life of the probe. By keeping it dry in the warehouse he is extending the life of the unsold probe. There really should not have been any fluid in the cap section, it is there to make storage after using easier."

Does this sound right? I stuck the probe in my tank and it appears to be working ok but I'd much rather be certain.

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prolonging the life of the probe would have to result in being shipped "wet". Get that refund!

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk, every orp I've ever gotten was filled with liquid. I guess we wait and see if anyone with experience chimes in.

Eric B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you try to call or get in touch with pin point and ask the question yourself and get answer directly from them. Then you will know if the vendor is feeding you crap or telling the truth. Having said that I have let my ORP probe dry up a few times and it still works so I don't know what to tell you.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back