Lighting help and Advice

Funbags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a brand new 60G rimless cube coming and Im Starting to dig into lighting I want. I Know I want a MH/T5/LED combo. I was thinking 250w 20k Radium, 4 24w T5 (ATI blue+) and two Reefbright. This will mostly be a chalice/sps tank. Light cycle would be 4 hours MH, 6 hours T5 and 8 LED. My questions is what reflectors and Ballast would you guys recommend? Back in the day when I use to reef it was a staple to have your lum Reflectors and galaxy ballast. Unfortunately I can not find them any where new. What are currently some top notch reflecters and a suggested ballast now for a overdriven "bluer" radium?

SloppyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea on your question but the hobby has come a long way. You might check out newer technology. The ATI LED/T5 module might be up your alley.

johnrigu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also seeking some advice.
I have a 30 gallon reef tank and I purchased this light fixture Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting
I know you must think its crap, It all I could afford when I first purchased my equipment. The problem is that I see everyone stating that the bulbs that come with the fixture are most likely crap. I want to replace the T5's with something better.
I want some advice on what type of T5's I should replace them with. Colormax, Atinic, daylight, coral plus, blue plus, purple plus, etc.
This is what I currently have at the moment.
2x 24W T5 HO lamps 10000K
2x 24W T5 HO lamps Actinic Blue
This is what I have to work with until I can upgrade to a better fixture.
Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back