Water flow!

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 koralias in my tank right now and I don't feel like I'm getting enough flow. I have an Apex on my set up and was thinking of getting a Jebao controller and upgrading to 2 RW-8's or maybe saving up and getting a gyre but I'm torn. I could also wait and get the apex WAV but I'm trying to save money. Anyone's input would be great. I need flow haha

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you have a 6g tank that would be tons of flow. If you had a 400g tank with fish and a good return pump that might be fine. But since we have no idea of the size of your tank, what you want to keep, what kind of aquascaping theres not much help anyone can give.

Dave B

OP
OP
A

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry... It's a 90 gallon!
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1422451558.538303.jpg

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could, I would go with the gyre. The flow from them is awesome.

OP
OP
A

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how much control you have over the jebaos when plugged into an apex? I think I'm going to go with the rw-8's but I want to make sure I can control them

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one 90 with a gyre and another 90 with 2 rw15's. The gyre is not too much flow it can be adjusted i have mine on 50% constant

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually like both the gyre pretty much can let you run one water pump and get flow through the tank. Most others need at least 2 or more. The gyre is pretty low profile and not so visible as most power heads

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gyre is also not as focused of a stream very wide flow pattern strong but not blasting

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont use the apex with my jebao pumps just use their controller just as easy. I also dont use feed mode my fish dont like feed mode they prefer to chase their food. Corals are doing great to. Spot feed the ones that need it

OP
OP
A

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense... I bought the apex with that in mind though, control... I want to be able to control the tank as much as possible.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wave pattern with the jebao pumps is nice they both have their advantages and such. Saw a write up on one tank where the water level in tank was high enough they put the gyre on the bottom of the center brace. Cool idea

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my apex to control everything else. Maybe they will work on programming in the apex hookup to make them work better.

Pirates.Reef

High End Coral Collector / Vendor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 jebao Wp 25s in a 65 with the apex adapter from fish street and the programming is awesome a little difficult at first but I now have a calm night mode, a interchanging stream mode back and forth, and a random surge with a million options available. When feed mode comes on they turn off for 5 minutes then turn back on while the returns stay off for an hour and pick up any left over food from the floor. Sorry for the long post.

OP
OP
A

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 jebao Wp 25s in a 65 with the apex adapter from fish street and the programming is awesome a little difficult at first but I now have a calm night mode, a interchanging stream mode back and forth, and a random surge with a million options available. When feed mode comes on they turn off for 5 minutes then turn back on while the returns stay off for an hour and pick up any left over food from the floor. Sorry for the long post.

No that's great thanks... I need to get on it because my koralias aren't cutting it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back