Any suggest

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

gmod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhm maybe a different link would work...lol..i had a 6 stage 100gpd a while back ago didnt have any issues at all..the media isnt the best but still got my 400 tds water to 0..

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What looks like a good deal on ebay usually isn't. RO/DI is not somewhere you want to skimp since water is the single largest ingredient in a reef tank and everything depends on its quality and its stability. There really is a difference between ebay quality and reef quality and the cost isn't much if any more for a good system such as this one from one of the oldest amd most trusted names in the business:
Refurbished 90-GPD RODI System

or this one:
Premium RODI System - Buckeye Hydro

or this one:
Manual Systems : Optima Vision RO DI System

The main difference in a good system and poor or average system is how much it costs you to get to 0 TDS and how long it maintans that 0 TDS. Any RO/DI should be able to get you 0 TDS, at least for a little while. When filters do not filter as well everything downstream must work harder meaning they wear out or exhaust faster costing you more in upgrades and replacement costs and driving your cost of ownership up. Kind of a pay me now versus pay me later, and later and later as long as you own the system or decide to spend the money to upgrade it to what it should have been in the first place. Like any fine tool, I would rather pay a little more for something I can count on for many years of good service since I plan to stay in the hobby for another 35 years or so just like the 35 years I have in it now.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I want you to ask yourself one question: "What is the #1 thing that takes up most of the space in the aquarium which fish and corals need to survive and is the basis of the contained ecosystem in which you are building?"

The correct answer to that question is "Water"

Don't skimp on the most important part of your tank. Get a good quality system from the start and you will be much happier. We have many sponsors who carry really good filters and are willing to help you fix your specific water filtration requirements.

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Refurbished-90-GPD-RODI-System about a year I couldn't be any happier I paid 150 with shipping . You will see a difference.

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an ebay one for my first RO/DI (That was before I knew about BRS and R2R). It was the only one I could find that had 2 separate outputs for Drinking RO and Aquarium RO/DI. Never had any problems with it, 0 tds up to a year when I moved and went with a BRS one.

Lancevnsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I here nothing but good things about BRS so I bought one and love it! I bought the 6stage universal plus at75g a day which is plenty for me. I have a 180gal so no need for a higher rated one. I also use it for drinking water.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know which RODI unit is the easiest to maintain.

I change a sediment filter, two carbon block filters, and DI resin on a regular basis. Being a small woman, I have a very hard time opening the canisters with a plastic wrench that came with it. I try not to over-tighten, but I always struggle to open these prefilter canisters when the time come to replace the prefilters.

Is there any that has easy to open canisters?

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all about the same. The canisters don't need to be much more than hand tight though. Try applying a light coat of food grade silicone grease on the O Rings next time and they should spin right off by hand after that. You can get a small tube or tub of the grease at Lowes, Home Depot or any beer homebrewing store for about $3

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

I have some silicone which usually comes with a pack of O-rings for the canister.
I've been putting them on the o-rings, but should I put them on the theads on the canister, too?

bboyvital

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running an ebay unit 100g similar to the RO buddy with DI. I run 2 di stages Just in case. I have no complaints and like the ease of replacing filters and spaces saving with the smaller units. Then again I only use about 70g a month.

I don't see the need for the name brand units but that's just me.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can wipe a light coating on the canister threads if you want. The O ring is the sealing surface though so as long as you have the O ring seated tightening any further doesn't help anything.

The name brand systems normally have better filters and components that perform better an last longer, the better unit will usually return the difference in the first year to 18 months on aveage in DI savings alone.

There really is a difference.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 73 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back