Welcome to Reef Forum R2R
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Member reefcandy is on a distinguished road

Elos or reef savvy aquarium

Hi guy i am think to upgrade my 50gallon to 90 or 110 max i have look and search all over the web looking a nice aquarium that get my eyes on it is wast elos or reef savvy but i still get my mine make up yet the elos thank is nice high end but the price is over kill and the reef savvy is a custom make is a very nice tanks also but i dont know what is the price goan be and there is not much to search on reef savvy aquarium online so is how many member on r2r have the reef savvy aquarium and elos aquarium if u have can u please post some pic on here so i can look at thanks.

Registered Member florida reef is on a distinguished road
    What's Up!

If it were me I'd probably go with a reefsavvy aquarium. I like the idea of a custom aquarium and getting exactly what you want. I've seen one of their tanks in person and it is awesome. You can go to their website and fill out a inquiry form to get a price estimate. Here is the link: Request a Quote | Reef Savvy

Also, if you want to see extensive pictures of their aquariums they have a Facebook page. Browse through there and take a look at some of their work. Hope I helped you out! BTW, where are you from?
    6x54w t5, euroreef vs135, 2x mp40w es, fuge and GFO.
    Bulbs: (2) ATI blue plus, (2) Aquablue Special (2) ATI Actinic
    Began dripping kalk 03/05/11.

http://www.photobucket.com/florida_reef

unregistered YOUNGBLOOD is on a distinguished road
    i lluv my elos 120 xl

Owner Administrator
    revhtree will become famous soon enoughrevhtree will become famous soon enough
    I saw the Reef Savvy tanks in person at MACNA and spoke with the owner/builder. I must say the quality of the tank they had was a hair better than my miracles tank. I would go with the Reef Savvy tank.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Registered Member

Dowtish is on a distinguished road
    There is a brand new reef savvy tank for sale on this forum. You should check it out

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    -Chris-

I glue animals on rocks.

Registered Member mshur is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by revhtree View Post
    I saw the Reef Savvy tanks in person at MACNA and spoke with the owner/builder. I must say the quality of the tank they had was a hair better than my miracles tank. I would go with the Reef Savvy tank.
    i am in between Miracls and reef savvy and cant make up my mind) leanning towards RS and then so many people happy with Miracles so i am confused
    can you tell me what is the different you noticed ?

thank you <Mike

Owner Administrator
    The edges of the RS were completely polished where the Miracles were not. They look cloudy in some parts and clear in others. Mostly all cloudy. Also there were a few small bubble places in a couple spots on the seam.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Got it.. how about overflow box , did you notice any major differences?

Owner Administrator
    No they both looked really good as far as I could tell.

Registered Member UFreefer is on a distinguished road
    I got my 4x4x2 reef savvy this year and the quality is the best of any tank I have seen in person. His prices are fair, much cheaper then what Miracles quoted me, but be prepared to wait awhile for it to arrive. Mine took 6 months

Owner Administrator
    I spoke with Felix at MACNA and he is very passionate about his work and his tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by revhtree View Post
    I spoke with Felix at MACNA and he is very passionate about his work and his tanks.
    I agree: i spoke with hin over the phone

Registered Member -Logzor is on a distinguished road
    Go with Reef Savvy...

Love my Miracles tank...but the process of getting it was a total nightmare, I think their quality control is lacking. My first tank was sent out covered in hard water stains that I couldn't remove (the product they sent to "fix" it hazed the glass and made the problem worse), it was so bad they decided to build a new aquarium. They let me sell the old one, which barely made up for all the costs I incurred pickup/moving the tank.

My new tank is decent, but it has a single tiny bubble in the glass on one of the panes, which is only really visible when the glass is freshly cleaned. One of the seams also has a lot of air bubbles in it, which apparently happens a lot of with big tanks.

In they end they did a really good job trying to correct the issue, but it was so frustrating and time consuming on my part that I would never choose them again.

thank you guys!

Registered Member Jmonks is on a distinguished road
    Felix makes awesome tanks, well worth the wait IMO. He built WWC new show tank, it is unbelievable.

Registered Member

Dowtish is on a distinguished road
    here is the link of what I was talking about. No 6 month wait here...

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/sell...nk-48-x28.html
    -Chris-

I glue animals on rocks.

Registered Member ReefDreams is on a distinguished road
    I have personally seen a bunch of tanks that reef savvy has built and the craftsmanship is always dead on.
    From what I have been told his customer service is great. Both tanks are great. From what I read about the Elos tanks people love them. Good luck with your decision.

Registered Member reefcandy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks guys with all the info.

Registered Member holyscoly is on a distinguished road
    i loved my reef savvy tank,the quality was amazing due to financial problems i had to let it go.but my next tank will be built by reefsavvy even if i had the choice of getting an elos and a reefsavvy at the same price i would still go with reef savvy. his customer service is superb and he is very helpful when it comes down to asking him 300 ? about your build lol (sorry felix). goodluck with your decision

Registered Member Just Clownin Around is on a distinguished road
    i wanted a age tank but with all the headaches of trying to get in touch with them i will be ordering a reef savvy myself. guess im going on a 4 hour tour