Who's ever had a red chromis?

Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some red chromis today. I'd never seen them before. They're rated as semi agressive but good reef tank fish. They are really pretty! Has anyone ever had any and what was your experiences with them?

lars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We call them honey damsels here. They aren't what they sound like but there pretty fish.

OP
OP
Carmen

Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures!! They're pretty fast--and small. They are tucked in for the night but I will try and get one of the biggest one tomorrow. Went to the LFS and wasn't even looking for fish. I had been wanting one that would stay at the top---these will---and there are four of them. They are much prettier than the blue green chromis--lots more color.

OP
OP
Carmen

Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the picture of my chromis

1898377_10203724898666663_10203724895106574_48821_346_b[1].jpg
I think I finally got a picture of the Red Chromis. Sorry it's not real clear.

OP
OP
Carmen

Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks awesome!! Are they peaceful?
They are semi-aggressive. I hope that proves to be true and they don't turn out to be a beast. Right now they are very tiny. The biggest one is barely an inch long. I bought 4. One immediately disappeared into the rock caves and I haven't seen it since. Another one is in the top corner and doesn't look too good. But the other two are fine and getting food. So I may end up with two unless the one comes out of the rocks someday. :/

OP
OP
Carmen

Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had a Neoglyphidodon crossi in 39 years.:) I have seen enough of them when the do get ugly thou. The blue eyed cardinal is a great schooling fish so it add's to a display tank and works well in small tanks.

OP
OP
Carmen

Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had a Neoglyphidodon crossi in 39 years.:) I have seen enough of them when the do get ugly thou. The blue eyed cardinal is a great schooling fish so it add's to a display tank and works well in small tanks.

Oh! Okay. Well I went back to the LFS today and told them I wanted to return the fish. They said no problem. I think the problem may be catching them, but I have some ideas. I looked up cardinal fish on Drs Foster and Smith. Besides your fish, they have some really cute yellow strip cardinal fish I'm thinking about getting. Do you suppose they keep their color? I guess they are sensitive to transport, right? They also had the blue-eyed cardinal fish too.

OP
OP
Carmen

Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

By the way Joe, your tank, from what I can see looks really nice! How many gallons, and how long has that particular tank been running?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back