Unlikely friendships.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a book with the same title about all these animals who are friends with after species. There was an antelope and a tiger, a dog and a pig, a cat and a goose etc.
Has anyone here got something like this going on in their tank?

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an old tank, I had a yellow tang that would swim around with a pair of picasso clowns, they were never more than 6" apart, then an ex dumped bleach into the tank and wiped out everything, pretty much the worst experience of muh life

becca10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Niger Trigger and a Snowflake Eel that sleep together at night. Sorry for the bad pic but it's what I could get. Couldn't believe they were snuggled up!
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406344941.548199.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406345005.836336.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406344941.548199.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406345005.836336.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump! Cool thread!

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an old tank, I had a yellow tang that would swim around with a pair of picasso clowns, they were never more than 6" apart, then an ex dumped bleach into the tank and wiped out everything, pretty much the worst experience of muh life

Oh **** no. I would be infuriated lol

OP
OP
tyler1503

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot about this thread! My lfs has two volatins that cuddle up together. I'll try to get a pic :)

Azox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not in my tank, but often diving I've seen Mappa Puffers with Trumpet fish. At least 20 times, all over the Indo Pacific. No one has ever been able to explain why to me. At Sipadan there was a dog-tooth tuna, a turtle, and I can't remember what that were going everywhere together. It was kind of awesome :)

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not in my tank, but often diving I've seen Mappa Puffers with Trumpet fish. At least 20 times, all over the Indo Pacific. No one has ever been able to explain why to me. At Sipadan there was a dog-tooth tuna, a turtle, and I can't remember what that were going everywhere together. It was kind of awesome :)

"Divers often see a trumpetfish closely following or hovering over a decoy fish such as a parrotfish. This is yet another clever trick designed to fool a prey fish or shrimp into venturing too close to a marine inhabitant that normally poses no risk to them. Trumpetfishes hunt both day and night, but have the greatest success at dusk, dawn, and twilight."

I did a quick google search :)

Sully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bicolor blennie and two Wyoming white's that think they are some kind of trio. His perch seems to be very close to where ever their hangout is at any given time.

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Baby hippo tang thinks hes one of my Wyoming White clowns... So he is constantly on their aces... the female gets annoyed sometimes and butts him and tries to chase him away but he doesn't care he stays with them all the time.
Most of the time they are used to it and just allow it.
Butting or not, he never leaves their side.

reefaboo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Baby hippo tang thinks hes one of my Wyoming White clowns... So he is constantly on their aces... the female gets annoyed sometimes and butts him and tries to chase him away but he doesn't care he stays with them all the time.
Most of the time they are used to it and just allow it.
Butting or not, he never leaves their side.

Mine did the same thing, went a step further and tried to host a frogspawn like the clowns and got stung badly ( I could see black marks) and after a couple of days it was never in that area again.

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL Fortunately for me, my clowns dont try to host in anything...
I have 3 Bubble nems, frogs, hammers, torches... nothing... They live by a rock and dont move... Fools they are.
and little Dori... Squeezes her self into little cracks of that rock.
She is growing though so I would like to see what she will try to do when she doesn't fit anymore.

I went to a private dealer's house one time and saw he had a big hippo that insisted on going into the doorway of his fake castle... It barely fit in there but still was peeking through...

cheezybuda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a kole tang that was BFF with my female clarkii. I thought that was pretty crazy considering she was hosting a bta and was part of a spawning pair.

Kfox93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I just came across this. It would be awesome to get this going again.

My yellow tang will not leave my baby puffers side.
c6e4519211a07d82572d16fe8bc6cc05.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 76 47.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 51 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back