Blue Hippo

fisharefriends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well about two months ago my hippo had ich I feed him food with selcon and garlic and he got through it now its back again I don't get it . I know ich is always present ut idk....

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually ich is not always present....that is a myth. The normal life cycle of the parasite will cause it to fall off the fish, multiple, and re-infect.

OP
OP
F

fisharefriends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have the space for a qt for the tang i just have to let it take its course i guess last time he kicked lets see if he can again

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a reef tank or a fish only tank? I am assuming it is a reef tank since you hadn't mentioned trying any of the other methods that are normally harmful to inverts. As was previously stated, the only way to safely remove ich from a reef tank is to remove all fish and let the tank go fallow for 8+ weeks. There are "reef safe" medications on the market that normally (usually) won't totally remove the parasite, but they can sometimes help when no other options are available.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Hippo for a few years, and she will still come down with it when I do something in the tank she doesn't like. Just keep her fed, and not stressed out, mine gets rid of it on her own because she's healthy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back