Epson salt

purdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Blonde Naso Tang that is extremely bloated. I have him in a hospital tank right now where I treated with meds(metro and paraguard). He is not eating nor do I want to feed him, or even attempt to. I have done plenty of research on ways to help him pass whatever it is causing him to be constipated. I even tried manually assisting him with passing it. That seemed to help but wasn't enough. Ay this point I am going to use Epson salt, however, I can't for the life of me find any info on the dosage. Any help would be appreciated. Please don't ask for water parameters, tank size or general info like that since this isn't my first rodeo and I have already ensured all the above. Again, thanks for any help.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what dosage you should use, but perhaps set up a dosing system with the Epsom salt and gradually increase it over time?
Prolonged exposure isn't an issue as far as I know. People use it to try to raise mag levels so I wouldn't think it's an issue.

Zero Nitrates

I love chalices
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epson salt is the same magnesium that you can dose your tank with. It is magnesium sulfate. So don't worry about overdosing with it. I actually use epson salt for dosing Magnesium in my tanks. Make sure it says it for human use.
Sorry about Naso. Hope she gets better.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back