Gone fishin' (angelfish catching in progress)

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently trying to catch my pygmy angel. It has decided it loves acans. I can't have that. So I'm currently trying to catch him in a DIY fish acrylic trap. I had some left over from other projects and built this little baby.

When I catch him it's going into the sump temporarily until a new tank is set up.

It's currently horizontal and with fish food. My current issue is that it isn't interested in the food I put in the trap. Any one have any suggestions? I've been at this since this morning. :cry:

_DSC0548.jpg

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm i don't think it would but i would rather have one acan injured then them all nipped at. What kind of angel is it?

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't feed for a day or two. Then put food in trap with door closed. The fish can see the food but can't get to it. It will drive him crazy. Then open door and catch that dude out of there.

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it and feed the fish only in it for next few days while u stand there let them get really comfortable then when there not scared of it anymore should be eaiser

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Success! He's been captured and sentenced to sump jail until his appeal.:violin: This was an all day event. :first: I was on the phone with the wife at the time I looked over and seen him the trap. I hung up on her, slung the phone across the room, and then quickly got him out. Yeah buddy.

_DSC0555-2.jpg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't that like the greatest feeling in the world. I can't help but jump up and down with excitement whenever I finally outsmart the fish that has evaded my capture for days and days lol. Sounds pretty pathetic when I read that out loud :-(

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back