R2R Members Child Diagnosed with Cancer (Let's HELP!)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received some bad news from one of our members here at R2R.

Last week Carl's (coralkiller) 12 year old son Brayden had a tumor removed from his leg. After the biopsy and testing were done it was found out that Brayden has a form of cancer called Ewings Sarcoma. This family does have insurance but the insurance is not going to pay near enough to cover all the expenses that will be accrued. So we are going to start donating money to help offset some of these cost. In the past this and other reefing communities have really come together and helped in similar causes and I have no doubt that we can do it again!

If you would like to give please use the provided paypal email for you to do so. The funds will go straight to the families paypal account. The email is masked behind this donating logo for protection from spammers. Click the button and the email address will come up. We will keep this thread updated as to how much has been raised.

Everyone who donates please just make a post that you donated. (you don't have to include the amount)

The email is masked behind this donating logo for protection
from spammers. Click the button and the email address will come up.

Please send as gift so there are no paypal fees.

Carl, Brayden and the whole family will be fighting hard to beat this disease so on behalf of the family I ask that you keep them in your prayers. Let's also use this thread to post words of encouragement to this family and specifically Brayden.

Brayden's mom's Facebook Page if you want to post some support: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.byrd

Brayden
482069_10151082891413653_2144719501.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last edited:

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my prayers are sent for i know what your going though. my wife's cousins 6 year old was diagnosed last year. teatment isnt working and doctors dont know what to do. im not forsure what cancer it is but she is getting weak from it. if i had any money i would split it between but im nickel and diming it. so i will pray atleast twice a day for you.

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praying for you Brayden. God will be with you all the way through this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Prayers are awesome!

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donation has been made. God bless you and your family in this trying time. It is in this time that we need to trust God more than ever and lien not on our own understanding but in all ways acknowledge him and he shall set our paths straight.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my prayers are sent for i know what your going though. my wife's cousins 6 year old was diagnosed last year. teatment isnt working and doctors dont know what to do. im not forsure what cancer it is but she is getting weak from it. if i had any money i would split it between but im nickel and diming it. so i will pray atleast twice a day for you.

So sorry to hear. I will be praying for your family member as well as Brayden!

So glad the members of R2R are willing to help this young man in his family through prayer and donations! Your support does not go unnoticed!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Donation sent! Come on people! :)

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My prayers go out to you and your family donation being sent.

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thoughts and prayers to you Brayden!!! You look like you are ready to kick some butt in this photo!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Donated

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see if we can get 1000+ prayers and donations....the challenge is on!!!!!!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see if we can get 1000+ prayers and donations....the challenge is on!!!!!!

It's slow because it's Friday night but I agree with you Missy! Let's got for 1000!

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me Tonya, I will work my butt off for this little guy!! He deserves it!! Thank you for the heads up. At my age I forget about the weekends!!! :sad:

It's slow because it's Friday night but I agree with you Missy! Let's got for 1000!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back