Help with pink goniopora

lyn.battles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help I have two black boxes for lighting on my 90g and the goni on the sand I have a blue one and a pink they are about 2" apart but the pink does not extend it's polyps much any more feed them goni power every other day blue one looks good but pink not so much any ideas should I move it closer to the lights some websites say lots of light others say not much. Kinda confused. Thanks

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonipora is medium light. Can acclimate to different lighting but only over time. It may not be why it is not expanding. Some are just more hardy than others. The do prefer med flow as well. Is the better of the two getting more flow? How long have you had the one in question?

Have you checked your water perimeters? If so list them. Ph, alk, calcium, magnesium, salinity, phoshates and nitrates.

OP
OP
L

lyn.battles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them both the same amount of time around 2 weeks parameters are
Cal400
Kh11
Ph8.0
Mag1400
Phos0
Ni 0

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing in your perimeters seems to be causing it. You may try moving it a new area of thank. It may not like the flow or light it is getting. Even in nee area it may take a few days to respond. If you acclimated them the proper amount of time. It just may not be happy. Encrusting goniopora are more hardy than ball types. Guessing both yours are the same type.

OP
OP
L

lyn.battles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep they are same type I cannot get the pink one happy not sure what to do hope it's not a goner

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back