What is wrong with my lps

ClowinRound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I just transferred my tank from 155 to 55gl. same water all parameters are good. All my anemones and trumpets, acans and other LPS are shriveling up. my sps died completely all my sticks went white. It all happen in a day.

The only thing I can think of is that, when I broke down my tank I left a shelf rock covered in star polyp in a container over night and the next day. when I finally got in the tank I think it might have been too late and it was dying. that evening I noticed my rose anemones getting smaller and LPS receding. I took it out that night, but 90% of LPS are gone and the rest are looking horrible. I have check my water had my LFS check it twice. nitrate, phos, ph, alk are in. temp is stable and salt is at 1.023. I’m running carbon.

Am I over looking something or do I just need to sit and wait it out. I will post some pics later along with my parameters. please help

jmarcink91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use the same sand when you transferred? If the params are in check then maybe gas escaped the sand bed which can be harmful to the life in our tanks. Just a thought, I am not sure.

OP
OP
ClowinRound

ClowinRound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my tank restarted its cycle, if that makes sense. Maybe once my full stock was put in it overloaded it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back