OP
OP
bumpkin

bumpkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bawhahaha......i was wondering if anyone was going to recognize it being all browned out. yep ive got RR jawdropper!!!

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bawhahaha......i was wondering if anyone was going to recognize it being all browned out. yep ive got RR jawdropper!!!

Lol. You know we couldn't miss that

I call dibs on a frag. Don't make me lick it to claim it
Haha

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

My new one!!!
Wait until you see the polyps turn blue

It is the reefraft jawdropper

Very cool. I did not know polyps could change color from red to blue. Never ever heard of that before.

Can't wait to see a picture after this frag develops blue polyps. That will be so fun to see.

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I did not know polyps could change color from red to blue. Never ever heard of that before.

Can't wait to see a picture after this frag develops blue polyps. That will be so fun to see.
This what has been throwing me off as well. All the frags of JD that have come in have red polyps. (At least the ones that have been photographed)
I find it strange that the polyps can turn from red to blue. Ive got my money set aside for a frag but am waiting to see the polyps turn blue. I cant bring myself to spend that kind of money till i see blue.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are 2 pics I found of the jaw dropper. These frags are owned by reefers in Canada who got them direct from reefraft and their frags are starting with red polyps as well

And looking at the pic they are kinda red heading towards purple which is where the blue comes in?

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1393588277.388902.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1393588286.521187.jpg

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya the base colors look just like the ones here.
But those polyps look purple/blue.
They look the same minus polyps. Maybe it has changed while in captivity and will not get blue polyps anymore.
Ive been trying to find an example of where polyp color can have such a drastic change and i am coming up empty. I will admit i have looked THAT hard.
Im nit bashing anyone by any means, i want the JD just as much as the next reefer.
I guess im just tryng to make myself feel a little more confident before i shell out 1000 dollars

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumpkin

Any way you can take a top down photo of your frag? And so the polyps look that red in person or are they a little bit more towards purple like the other pics I posted?

Thanks

Bob

OP
OP
bumpkin

bumpkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've watched sticks in the past that looked just as brown as a turd come back beautiful. Polyps and base. I get it though I was almost nauseous when I shelled out the money.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just that every pic of the frags and mother colony direct from rr. Shows blue polyps. The closest to red polyps I have found was the 2 pics I posted. I am just wondering if rr messed up and sent the wrong pieces to sexy corals.

Mike would never pass a coral off as another for sure. So either reef raft mixed up the order or the red polyps will turn blue. With the red polyps it almost looks like the bleeding avenger?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back