Orange Passion Acro

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral has been available for a couple of years. The pics on Sexy Corals and RR websites looks pretty sick, but I can't seem to find pics of this corals in hobbyists tanks. Im curious to see how the orange polyps are holding color. If anyone has this piece please post a pic and share your experience. Thanks!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm guessing this coral only exists through photoshop? I hope not :(
Someone must have one?

Last edited:

wclowman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0401.jpg

It's not the best pic of mine and was taken a couple of months ago. Base is very blue and the polyps are kind of a brownish orange. I will post a better pic if I get a chance.

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Keith, very nice. It looks just like an ORA Borealis. Are the polyps noticeably orange under different lightings?

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the borealis and although they may look a little similar the Orange Passion blows it out of the water when it comes to color. I have a very low nutrient system and it causes the polyps to be more of a golden orange but they stand out under most lighting especially actinic/blue light. It has one of the most neon bases of anything I've seen and very blue tips. It's the overall saturation of color that makes it one of my favorite corals.

This is a little older pic under just blue light

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another interesting thing I can tell you after having this coral for a while and watching it grow is that the older the polyps are the more orange they get. On new growth tips or new polyps on frags they start out a light green or sometimes on frags they go a little brown but after a while they go to gold and then more orange. At least in my system anyway.

cultivatedcoral

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a piece and it is much nicer than the Borealis. The polyps are orange. Green base and blue tips. It is a beautiful coral but does not look anywhere near SC's picture. Mine is too small to take a pic of right now. Once it grows out a bit I will do so.

rideit6578

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich its nothing like ORA Borealis. I have both in my system and the Borealis is very nice, but the RR OP is incredible. Really orange polyps and such bright colors its awesome. Keith's looks amazing and I can't wait for mine to look like that.

ryan803

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not saying these corals can't color up to beautiful proportions...but some specific vendors on here are masters of photoshopping and swearing its an iPhone pic. I prefer to see the coral in people's personal tanks to get a better idea of what the piece will truly look like...

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keith, what kind of flow and lighting are you keeping your Orange Passion under? Looks great!

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
It under a 6 bulb Power module 4 blue+ 2 coral+ with 2 blue reef brite LEDs in the middle of a 4ft 80gal with a MP10 at both ends on reef crest mode.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back