help me I have RED BUGS

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ever only treated for them once before and it seemed effective this is what I did see if this seems ok...
1. A highly concentrated Iodine dip (5-10) mins
2. Highly concentrated coral RX pro (5-10) mins
3. Fresh water dip or just really just about 30 to 45 sec wash

The only thing with this is when I did this last time all the red bugs came off and I didn't see them come back but some of my more fickle acros didn't react to it very well...as in they ended up dying

I would never recommend freshwater dipping corals. Interceptor is an easy fix and a lot less work and risk that the above method, which wouldn't surprised me if it killed everything. Even if you remove and dip you'll end up missing some of the red bugs.

Last edited:

BlueZreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newest version of interceptor is called interceptor spectrum. I just went through the treatment and it's SUPER EASY! No more bugs!

One problem people run into is getting it as it's a pet Rx drug. Some vets won't give it to you even with explanation of what you want to use it for. I bought mine here:

Interceptor Spectrum Chews for Large Dogs 50-101lb (22-45kg) 3 pack (Blue) - Best Price Pets

They ship from outside of USA so no Rx needed. Took a little over a week to get it. I kinda just tried it blindly but they are legit and I got them in the mail just fine.

OP
OP
TarHeelReefer22

TarHeelReefer22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys but I have another question about this treatment...I have a very large pod pop in my tank and sump/fuge and am certain that this will wipe them out. With this said how will this effect my tank with so much die off? Also, should I just empty my sump of macro and as many pods as I can before the treatment to try and salvage this bio load. I am worried my tank is going to crash haha

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You pod population will take a small hit bit will come back without you having to do anything. Some die but not all of them. It is not reccomended to take any rock or macro algae out and then put it back because you could just save some redbugs. You treat your entire system with your skimmer and reactors off but water running though them.

The first time I did it, I was super nervous myself. After your first treatment you'll see it isnt that bug of a deal and not get stressful on your system at all. Some of my sps had crazy super long polyp extension the next morning. I added mine at around midnight and switched my skimmer on and adde carbon to my reactors the next morning. It really is one of the easiest treatments you'll ever do on your system. I've never used chemi clean but I've heard some people that is what interceptor treatment like is similar to.

Last edited:

LegitFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them for months and I just checked today and they're completely gone.

Only thing I've done recently is use Phosphate Rx for the first time, Must have killed them off.

I have posted in a couple threads about this...I have noticed that about a 4x dose of PhosphateE by Brightwell has the same effect. Turn the skimmer off for a few hours, and just like that-redbugs gone. Have never had any negative effects with fish or inverts.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back