What is this..??

VirusAcro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
This is not my image but some of my corals acting exactly like the image,is that like some kind of stress mode or something,it has been going on for a few months now,can someone tell how to stop it from acting like that or why is it acting like that..??.Thank you..!!!

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a pic of your actual coral would really help.. but the photo above looks like it's trying to fight to me.. notice on the bottom left polyp that cluster of white strings that looks like a ball of intestines? that's what they send out to fight other corals (they actually digest them)...

Last edited:

sirreal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like snoot from a vermidt snail. did it happen right after feeding. fallow the strings and see if it is coming from what looks like a tiny volcano

EuroGti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your only seeing it when feeding, then it's a feeding response. I have had colonies that also do this.

Mr. Microscope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a feeding responds to me.

BTW, 3/4 of an inch is very close. SPS can, "smell" each other at close range and if they detect another coral nearby it will slow down their growth and can enact aggressive responses.

OP
OP
V

VirusAcro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now should I run some active carbon to prevent chemical war fare or coming from what its happened..

OP
OP
V

VirusAcro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But my does that all the times even tho I'm not feeding them,just some my corals acting like that

Back