Picked up some cool new pieces

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep that's why I don't bother with them plus their poor survivor rate. Dipping might get some pests but not all and def not their eggs.

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i think your copper band got to go. look like he eat your sps polyps. maybe that why your sps on the top are all stress out.

OP
OP
T

trueblackpercula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see what you mean by stressed on top? Also I have had him about 35 days now and is doing very well at eatin aptasias. But thank you for the advice I will keep an eye on him.

I did check for eggs and dipped the Sps 3 Times and did t see any aefw or eggs. I did find three dead gorilla crabs and some bristle worms like always when I dip. I can't remove the plugs yet because I have to acimage my Sps to my mitras led lights. Once there are acclimated I can cut them off the plugs and glue them down. I don't know about poor survival rates, but will say I can't imagine them any different from wild collected pieces. I will keep you guys posted with my updates but not here as this is about reefraft colors.
Sorry for the temp derail.

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding is maricultured are grown in man made ponds or the shallows and are blasted by sunlight which they become used to that high intensity light. It is really hard to acclimate them to aquarium lighting. Wild acros are collected in waters not as shallow as the maricultured pieces. Wild pieces I feel are hadier yet still hard to color up. Mariculture is hard to keep alive and keep their color

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quarantine everything you buy. That is step 1. Don't buy mariculture. That is step 2.

:)
photo (26).jpg

QT is a must but you might have a point for mariculture, everything live in my tank, only maricultre didn't so i stop buying them.

OP
OP
T

trueblackpercula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding is maricultured are grown in man made ponds or the shallows and are blasted by sunlight which they become used to that high intensity light. It is really hard to acclimate them to aquarium lighting. Wild acros are collected in waters not as shallow as the maricultured pieces. Wild pieces I feel are hadier yet still hard to color up. Mariculture is hard to keep alive and keep their color

From what I have seen and read I totally disagree Sorry but take a look a the attached videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBM5uAmnJBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjGUoR-CLK0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOPkTKydeEQ

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Back