cheap sps?

cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are there any cheap sps frags that look really good and if so what are they and maybe what they look like? (cheap as in 35 or less or even in that ball park range) im also not ready to buy anything just yet just looking for some ideas and prices

jzaso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are there any cheap sps frags that look really good and if so what are they and maybe what they look like? (cheap as in 35 or less or even in that ball park range) im also not ready to buy anything just yet just looking for some ideas and prices
The standards-seritopora/stylo/poc/a.longei-(birdsnest /cats paw/slimer) all beautiful many colors and somewhat forgiving for the starting sps keeper all in that price range just do not expect anything bigger than 1.5"-there is plenty of pictures on here of the mentioned "cheap" sps

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Birdsnest. Cheap and the usually the easiest to start with SPS.

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many good looking ones on the cheap! Especially if you look locally, but here is a few. Green slimer, sunset/poker star/rainbow monti. Setosas, purple or red monti digitata, pick a monti cap, pink Mille, sunset Mille, blue Mille, that's just a handful.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't already, hook up with your local reef club. That is the best way to get some nice frags for a good price.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finding other reefers is the way to go. I usually get frags like Hawkins and tri colors for $20. Ordering them online is atleast double that. If you can find a few reefers that aren't trying to get rich off there tank it works out pretty good. Some of mine were things I won at my clubs raffle also

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find my best deals on here in the for-sale sections. You might have to buy a few frags, but I dont see why you can't find a nice 8-10 frag pack for $200-$300. Your threshold of $35 a frag is more than enough.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check battle corals and reef pets out in the sponsor forums. They typically have packs with frags in that price range.... and they have some really nice stuff!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back