mille base problem

Briguy350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything in my tank looked completely fine until i came home and found my mille looking like this. cant tell in the pic but the top still has good color and polyps. i do not see any bugs and other sps look fine. i did have kalk in my top off and ran low and possibly coulda got a strong dose of kalk but nothing else seems to be affected. thoughts? nitrates 0, amonia 0, ph 8.1 dkh 10 , cal. 420 GFO/GAC

Last edited:

fishmaster818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything in my tank looked completely fine until i came home and found my mille looking like this. cant tell in the pic but the top still has good color and polyps. i do not see any bugs and other sps look fine. i did have kalk in my top off and ran low and possibly coulda got a strong dose of kalk but nothing else seems to be affected. thoughts? nitrates 0, amonia 0, ph 8.1 dkh 10 , cal. 420 GFO/GAC

Ive been having the same problem with mine and out of nowhere so following

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like RTN which is very hard to figure out. Did you have any swings of alk or temp?

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks, it's gone for sure. Like above, any Alk swings or have your phosphates creeped up?

OP
OP
Briguy350

Briguy350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from work today and it was gone. I'm thinking a swing in my Alk possibly from the kalk in my ATO. I normally just add water every couple days but forgot and it ran down and might have got a big sludge of it. That's the only thing I can think of. All other corals and Mille are fine. Sucks it had such great color. I got dosing pump and will pump from a reservoir from now on controlled by apex and let ATO just top off fresh water. Happened so fast.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back