jbj 28 quad ?

81Shaun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im thinking about buying this but are they any good ? does it have built in wavemaker? also notice the back is open for a skimmer. would my red sea hob prism skimmer work on it? thanks

UNCFAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tank with the upgraded pro LED Hood as a replacement for the quads. It does come with a power switch to alternate between the pumps that come with the unit. There is not a lot of room in the back for a skimmer. I have the CPR Aero Force 2 skimmer on mine and it fits nicely.

OP
OP
81Shaun

81Shaun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys ill probably buy the led one. im thinking about the aqua maxx skimmer for it also but still thinking really on what to do

McAllyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The JBJ 28 Quad is a great tank. Had one for several years. It does come with the wavemaker that will switch return pumps for you, and it works well. You'll still need to add some type of powerhead in the display area.

The Quad grew zoas, mushrooms, and a torch coral very well for me, but anything more demanding, and you'll need to do the lighting upgrade.

For skimmers, the Red Sea Prizm does work on the back, but I had to trim the chute that returns water to the tank. It's not a great skimmer anyway, so I wouldn't do it. The Aquamaxx HOB-1 is what most people recommend, and if I had it to do over again, that's how I'd go, but I ended up with an eShopps PSK-75H and it worked VERY well. The tubes are spaced perfectly to leave access to the center chamber where the media basket is located.

All in all, it's a great tank, and you should enjoy it.

Mac

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back