Lighting question

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a mute point . I would like to upgrade lighting for my 90. Looking for some opinions on PAC sun or kessil
I have reef radiance lights but they tend to look a little purple . So with modularity in mind . As I plan an upgrade later in life
Ecotec. Hydra52, kessil or PAC Sun lighting . Real world experience on kessil or PAC sun. I had halid and loved them unfortionatly my electric bill did not but I still my return to a radium 20k. Many stores tell me stay away from kessil or pacsun but really wanted to hear from my peeps

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had AI Vega Colors on my last tank. Couldn't get all the colors dialed in correctly and couldn't get any sps to grow / survive. On the new tank I've got (75g) I've got two Kessil A360wes. All the sps's are growing nicely and the lps's are loving them. Got a single large headed blasto that I've had for over a year most of that time in the first tank. After 3 mths under the kessils it's now got 5 baby's growing on it. Acans are putting on new heads. Got a superman rhodactis and after 3 mths it's split twice now. If you like a shimmer effect they do a great job.

mjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some crappy odyssey t5 fixture. It actually worked well, but after a year, the led moonlights burn out and the ballasts started to kill any bulb put in it in a matter of months.

I upgraded to two Current marine orbit fixtures. The build quality, and overall size is a bonus. The real reason for the choice is the programmable ramp timer and longevity. Hope they last.

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 kessil a360we over my 180 gallon tank. They are awesome. I'm getting good growth and I really enjoy the shimmer. The other nice thing is their new controller is relatively cheap at 100 bucks and is simple to operate.

kavatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Kessel A360we they were pretty awesome got really good growth and yeah the shimmer is awesome, but I switched up to Radion G3 pros cause the color selection is way better but I will be using the kessils when I upgrade my tank.

Dr.Reefgood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Kessel A360we they were pretty awesome got really good growth and yeah the shimmer is awesome, but I switched up to Radion G3 pros cause the color selection is way better but I will be using the kessils when I upgrade my tank.
So you would recommend The Kessil's over the Pro's?

OP
OP
R

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I go kessil which I am leaning towards I will retro T5 in as well. I plan to hook it to my apex to control it . I going to look at them before I buy them . I finally found someone who has them on their tank with the spectral controller

kavatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i love the pros, now if you'd ask my wife shed say their was nothing wrong with the kessils lol. I just wanted more color control and a brighter light the pros give me that.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 111 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back