AI Director

Riddler05

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does anybody else out there have a lot of problems with their AI Director?

Don't get me wrong, I like the Hydra 26 but at least once a week the AI Director looses communications with my lights. And when it does stop communicating with the lights they go into a default on mode. I'm actually afraid when I leave my tank for a few days that the lights will be on the whole time.

At first I used to be able to connect the Director to my wireless router, but after about a week that quit working so now I have to use an Ethernet connection. I emailed AI about this and never got a response.

I guess this is just me venting, but looking back I wish I would have just got the neptune apex adapter.

Just wondering if anybody else is having these kinds of problems with the director? And if anybody has advice on how they fixed it, if they could fix it.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the latest firmware? I'd try contacting them again, maybe the email didn't go through for some reasons. When I first got my director I was having problems getting it to connect. I contacted them and they got back to me the next morning. They had me reset with the latest firmware and it has been working great since. They were very helpful.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some problems initially from a faulty power cord that was evidently common. Then I had some connectivity problems but not for a long time now. Director has been flawless for me for several months. I agree to check your firmware version.

If I unplug my Director my lights stay on what ever program they were on when the connection was lost.

newe70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the wifi connectivity when I first got the Director, but decided to do hardwired instead..zero issue since.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back