Orphek LED lights. anyone own these out there on R2R?

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, just trying to find out the most of every reef led brand out there before i take the jump out of the halide train and into the LED train. i saw these and the par ratings were pretty intense. wondering if anyone here owns them.

orphek aquarium led lighting

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, just trying to find out the most of every reef led brand out there before i take the jump out of the halide train and into the LED train. i saw these and the par ratings were pretty intense. wondering if anyone here owns them.

orphek aquarium led lighting

Those Orpheks look pretty good. Im seriously considering getting one of the par lamps for my frag tank.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they look really good definitely BUT $$$$$$. looks solidly built tho. i like that they described everything. also gave par ratings etc..etc.... and that pics look SUPER BRIGHT!

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the larger fixtures are a little pricey, but the 12 led par lamps are only two hundo.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup that would definitely be good for a frag tank fo sho. but for me iʻm runnin a 180g full blown reef. according to the site i would definitely need 2 of those. but 2x the $$$$$

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know my LFS has these in stock. But they decided not to carry them long term. Just a little pricey for the store to stock. They are closing them out. I can get you guys a good deal on them if you want. Just PM me for a price.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i have seen them on a tank at my LFS. It was a really nice looking unit and the lights were sweet...but the $$$$ is crazy for them.

flyfish4trout

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that some of the claims that they make regarding the fixtures may be exagerated. If it were me I would not drop that kind of cash on an unknown until there was some independent data available for them. If they do perform as described on their website I think they will be everywhere. If you get some keep us all posted.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info Viva, ....................ah after reading all that idk about these. i think they actually (led side) look like the Ecoray. i was looking into that led also. looks solid built and bright. hmmmm ill go look and try dig on some more info on the ecoray.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back